|Form/Document Name||Form Number||Always Required||Required Only if……….|
|Petition for Appointment of Guardian of Minor file size 1MB||MPC 140||×|
|Notarized Waiver and Consent to Petition file size 1MB||MPC 440||Parent or Parents agree(s) with appointment of guardian|
|Notarized and Verified Consent to Nomination by Minor file size 1MB||MPC 441||Minor is 14 years old or older|
|Affidavit Disclosing Care and Custody||OCAJ-1||×|
|Bond file size 1MB||MPC 801||×|
|Military Affidavit||MPC 470||If all parents and interested parties have NOT consented|
|Request for Counsel||MPC 301||The minor or someone acting on their behalf wants to request counsel|
|Verified Motion for Appointment of Temporary Guardian||MCP 340||The proposed guardian needs court authority quickly.|
|Affidavit of Indigency file size 1MB||You cannot afford to pay for service or other costs related to the Petition to be appointed as Guardian|
Guardians and Caregivers of Minors
- Guardians of Children and Other Non-Parent Caregivers
- Who Can Request a Guardianship of a Minor? Who Can Become a Guardian?
- Where Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- What Forms Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- The Guardianship Process
- Getting Help with Filing for Guardianship
- After You Are Named Guardian of a Minor
- More Information about Caregivers and Guardians
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.