You file in the Probate and Family Court in the county where the child lives, unless there is already an ongoing case involving the child in a Juvenile Court or District Court. To find the right court for your town, see Where do I file? .
Guardians and Caregivers of Minors
- Guardians of Children and Other Non-Parent Caregivers
- Who Can Request a Guardianship of a Minor? Who Can Become a Guardian?
- Where Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- What Forms Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- The Guardianship Process
- Getting Help with Filing for Guardianship
- After You Are Named Guardian of a Minor
- More Information about Caregivers and Guardians