You file in the Probate and Family Court in the county where the child lives, unless there is already an ongoing case involving the child in a Juvenile Court or District Court. To find the right court for your town, see Where do I file? .
Guardians and Caregivers of Minors
- Guardians of Children and Other Non-Parent Caregivers
- Who Can Request a Guardianship of a Minor? Who Can Become a Guardian?
- Where Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- What Forms Do I File for Guardianship of a Minor?
- The Guardianship Process
- Getting Help with Filing for Guardianship
- After You Are Named Guardian of a Minor
- More Information about Caregivers and Guardians
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.