Who Can File for a Name Change in Massachusetts?

You can file for a name change in Massachusetts if you are 18 years or older and want to legally change your name.  Parents can file to change their minor child’s name.

Where Do I File for a Name Change?

You file for a name change at the Probate and Family Court in the county where you live.  If you are seeking a name change for a minor who is the subject of a pending proceeding in the Juvenile Court, you may file for a name change in that Juvenile Court.  See Where Do I File to find the Probate and Family Court for your county.

Recommended Content

People also viewed...

You recently viewed...

Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.

Learn more on our .

*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.