Fine or Other Penalty
Fine up to $20.
If you are under 18 years old, police may take possession of bicycle for up to 15 days.
Your city or town may have other fines for bicycle violations.
The ticketing procedure for traffic law violations by bicycles is the same as for motor vehicles under G.L. c. 90C .
Other Types of Tickets
- Bicycle Infractions
- Building Code or Fire Code Infractions
- Bus Fare Evasion
- City or Town Ordinance or By-law Violations
- Dog Control Violations
- Environmental Violations
- Littering and Trash Disposal Violations
- Marijuana Possession
- MBTA Fare Evasion
- MBTA Smoking Infractions
- Motorboat Infractions
- State Parks, Forests or Recreation Areas Infractions
- Decriminalization of Misdemeanors and By-Laws
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.