Fine or Other Penalty
First offense: $50
Second offense: $100
Third or subsequent offense: $300
Within 30 days, you must pay the fine to the MBTA or request a hearing from the MBTA.
What happens if I don’t pay?
If you don’t pay the fine or request a hearing within 30 days, the RMV will not renew your driver’s license or right to operate until the fine is paid.
Other Types of Tickets
- Bicycle Infractions
- Building Code or Fire Code Infractions
- Bus Fare Evasion
- City or Town Ordinance or By-law Violations
- Dog Control Violations
- Environmental Violations
- Littering and Trash Disposal Violations
- Marijuana Possession
- MBTA Fare Evasion
- MBTA Smoking Infractions
- Motorboat Infractions
- State Parks, Forests or Recreation Areas Infractions
- Decriminalization of Misdemeanors and By-Laws