Fine or Other Penalty
Fine of $25
If you don’t comply with an officer’s request to stop smoking, he or she may arrest you and you will be subject to criminal penalties.
What happens if I don’t pay?
The clerk will notify the officer concerned, who will file a criminal complaint application. If the court clerk grants the application for a criminal complaint after hearing, a complaint and summons for you to appear in court will issue. If you fail to respond to the summons, the clerk will mail you notice that an arrest warrant will issue in 21 days.
Other Types of Tickets
- Bicycle Infractions
- Building Code or Fire Code Infractions
- Bus Fare Evasion
- City or Town Ordinance or By-law Violations
- Dog Control Violations
- Environmental Violations
- Littering and Trash Disposal Violations
- Marijuana Possession
- MBTA Fare Evasion
- MBTA Smoking Infractions
- Motorboat Infractions
- State Parks, Forests or Recreation Areas Infractions
- Decriminalization of Misdemeanors and By-Laws