Fine or Other Penalty
May be civil or criminal, depending on the specific offense
Fines and penalties vary, depending on the specific offense
When a criminal complaint has been issued for specified offenses (see statute), you may close the case civilly by paying a fine to the clerk-magistrate.
Other Types of Tickets
- Bicycle Infractions
- Building Code or Fire Code Infractions
- Bus Fare Evasion
- City or Town Ordinance or By-law Violations
- Dog Control Violations
- Environmental Violations
- Littering and Trash Disposal Violations
- Marijuana Possession
- MBTA Fare Evasion
- MBTA Smoking Infractions
- Motorboat Infractions
- State Parks, Forests or Recreation Areas Infractions
- Decriminalization of Misdemeanors and By-Laws
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.