- DeVillars Named EOEA Secretary, p. 1.
- Director's Message, p. 2.
- Sandwich Wins Septic System Case, p. 2.
- Land Use Measures Top Legislative Agenda for 1989, p. 4.
- Blueprint for the Environment Presented to President Bush, p.
- Cape's Doomsday Clock Is Ticking--Commentary from Mark
Robinson, Executive Director of the Compact of Cape Cod
Conservation Trusts, p. 6.
- Two ACEC Nominations Accepted, Public Meetings Scheduled, p.
- State Moves to Plug Wetlands Protection Loopholes, p. 1.
- Call for 1989 Coastal Cleanup Leaders, p. 1.
- Wellfleet Harbor Nominated for ACEC Status, p. 2.
- Plastic Six-Pack Yokes Banned in Massachusetts, p. 3.
- Buzzards Bay Symposium Highlights Scientific/Management
Concerns, p. 4.
- The Problem of Nutrient Loading, p. 4.
- CZM Adds New Staff, p. 5.
- Offshore Oil Drilling Program Proposed, p. 6.
- CEIP/Northeast Offers Environmental Grants, p. 6.
- Plans Unveiled for South Cape Beach in Mashpee, p. 7.
- Profile of Board of Underwater Archaeological Resources, p. 7.
- The Valdez Oil Spill and What It Means for Massachusetts, p.
- Statewide Shellfish Bed Closures Possible, Sanitary Surveys
Continue, p. 3.
- Reports from the Bays Programs, p. 4.
- Provincetown Funds Waste Oil Tank, Approves Growth Bylaw, p.
- Conservation Day Planned for May 20, p. 5.
- Judy Pederson Appointed to Aquarium Committee, p. 5.
- Making Polluters Pay--Commentary from Andrew Savitz, Esq.,
EOEA Chief Counsel, p. 5.
- Oil Spills--Transport Information and Emergency Reporting
Numbers, p. 7.
- Studds Calls for Improved Oil Transport Methods and
Contingency Plans, p. 7.
- Federal Initiatives Announced, p. 7.
- Coastal Facilities Improvement Programs Harbor Planning Grants
Announced, p. 8.
- Chapter 91 Regulations to Be Released in July; Public Hearings
Scheduled for September, p. 1.
- History of Tidelines Stewardship, p. 3.
- Waterways Enterprise Funds Available from State, p. 4.
- State Sets Restrictions on Jet Skis, p. 4.
- Shoreline Change Summary Maps Available, p. 5.
- New Coastal Brief, "Massachusetts Coastal Project Review and
Permitting Process", Issued by CZM, p. 5.
- New Publication from Sea Grant, Nor'easter, p. 5.
- Boston Harbor Cruises Planned, p. 5.
- Antique and Classic Boat Festival Planned, p. 5.
- Public Hearing for Beverage Holder Regulations Scheduled, p.
- Wine Coolers and the Bottle Law, p. 5.
- Report on Bays Programs, p. 6.
- Education: Harbor, Coastal, and Leadership Training, p. 7.
- Environmental Crime Strike Force Begins Strategy, p. 7.
- Types of Crimes to Report to the Environmental Strike Force,
- Shipwreck Guidelines, p. 7.
- Coastweeks Planning Underway, p. 8.
- Two New ACECs Designated, p. 8.
- Join Massachusetts COASTSWEEP 1989, p. 1.
- Public Television Looks at Coastal Issues and Activities, p.
- Ocean Plastics Book Available, p. 2.
- State Establishes Procedures for Disposal of Medical Debris,
- Chapter 91 Hearings Scheduled, p. 3.
- Buzzards Bay Minigrants Awarded, p. 4.
- Nominations for Mass Bays Program Citizens Advisory Committee
Wanted, p. 4.
- Buzzards Bay Project Offers Issues Workshops, p. 4.
- Coast Guard Regulations Prohibit Dumping of Plastic at Sea, p.
- Update of Nonpoint Source Control Demonstration Project, p. 6.
- Piping Plover Survey Underway, p. 6.
- Secretary Orders Tougher Reviews for Two Cape Cods ACECs, p.
- Hurricane Hotline Reopened, p. 8.
- EPA Recognizes CZM Employees, p. 8.
- Benoit Named CZM Director, p. 1.
- Coastal Zone Management Act Reauthorization; Coastal
Legislation Package Proposed, p. 2.
- Boston Harbors/Mass Bay Reports Available, p. 3.
- 1988-89 Coastal Legislation, p. 4.
- MACC Issues Publications List, p. 4.
- Oil Spill Contingency Planning Underway for Southeast Region,
- COASTSWEEP '89--A Sweeping Success, p. 5.
- State Announces Mass Bays Study Awards, Trustees Appointed, p.
- Directors Appointed to Environmental Trust, p. 6.
- Congress Reaffirms Support for Dredging, p. 7.
- Growth Management Forum at Tufts, p. 7.
- Wetlands Enforcement Workshop, p. 7.
- CZM Plans Harbormasters Workshop, p. 1.
- Director's Comments, p. 2.
- Boston Harbor Symposium Set for January, p. 2.
- Cape Cod Commission Closer to Realization, p. 2.
- MWRA Announces Public Meeting for Combined Sewer Overflows
Project, p. 2.
- Mass Bay Dump Site Subject to Consistency Review, p. 3.
- Gulf of Maine Working Group Releases Report, p. 3.
- Georges Bank Drilling Ban Approved Again, p. 3.
- RFPs Released for Programs in Massachusetts Bay, p. 4.
- Public Hearing for Falmouth ACEC, p. 4.
- CZM Policy on Sea Level Rise Announced at Woods Hole
Workshop, p. 1.
- O'Connell Named Staff Geologist, p. 3.
- President Salutes CZM Staffer for Lifesaving Action, p. 3.
- Recycling Your Christmas Tree, p. 3.