- Population Growth Revealed by Census, p. 1.
- Population Changes in Massachusetts Coastal Communities, p. 2.
- Federal Budget Cuts CZMA, p. 3.
- EPA and Sewage Treatment Plants, p. 3.
- Coast America Initiative Designed, p. 3.
- EPA Reorganization, p. 3.
- Double Hull Regulations, p. 3.
- Section 309 Grant Steering Committee Selected, p. 3.
- Massachusetts Environmental Bills Pass in 1990, p. 4.
- Land Trusts Aid Effort to Protect Open Space, p. 4.
- Diver's Environmental Survey Set Up, p. 4.
- Buzzards Bay Action Compact Signed, p. 5.
- Buzzards Bay Project Awards Resource Mapping Grants, p. 5.
- Attempt to Implement Nitrogen Management Plan Underway, p. 5.
- Mass Bays Program Charts Course for First Year, p. 6.
- Section 309: NOAA Asks States to Assess Coastal Conditions and
Plan for Improvements, p. 1.
- Seeking Public Support for Appropriations for Coastal
Programs, p. 1.
- Grants Announced by Massachusetts Environmental Trust, p. 2.
- Long-Term Dredging and Disposal Strategy Being Addressed, p.
- MWRA Outfall Monitoring Plan, p. 4.
- Remediation Plan for New Bedford Superfund Site Submitted, p.
- Nominations Sought for Gulf of Maine Award, p. 5.
- CZM Announces RFP for Economic Study on Sand and Gravel
Extraction in Coastal Waters, p. 5.
- Plovers Close Beach at Parker River National Wildlife Refuge,
- CZM Staffer, Anne Smrcina, Receives Mass Marine Educators
Award, p. 5.
- Cape Cod Critical Habitats Atlas Available, p. 5.
- Massachusetts Bays Program Charts New Course, p. 6.
- Buzzards Bay Project: Nitrogen Overlay District in the Works,
- Buzzards Bay Project Adds Outreach Specialist, p. 6.
- Congressional Hearings on CCMPs Comes to Buzzards Bay, p. 7.
- Education Section, p. 7.
- CZM Seeks Public's View of Coastal Program, p. 1.
- Wetlands, p. 4.
- Coastal Hazards, p. 5.
- Public Access, p. 6.
- Marine Debris, p. 7.
- Cumulative and Secondary Impacts of Coastal Growth and
Development, p. 8.
- Special Areas Management, p. 8.
- Ocean Resources, p. 9.
- Energy Facility Siting, p. 10.
- Section 309 Assessment and Strategies Process, p. 11.
- 1991 Coastal Assessment Survey, attached.
May - July 1991
- Governor Signs Bill to Increase Public Beach Access, p. 1.
- Chapter 91 Challenge Dismissed, p. 2.
- Trudy Coxe Appointed Director of OCRM in NOAA, p. 2.
- Buzzards Bay Project Awards Pollution Prevention Grants, p. 2.
- EPA Funding to Protect Shellfish Beds in Mass Bay, p. 2.
- Legislation Update, p. 3.
- 1991 Coastal and Environmental Legislation Listed, p. 5.
- Barnstable Conservation Commission Acts to Aid Rain Forest
Conservation, p. 9.
- Gulf of Maine Action Plan Approved, p. 9.
- Living Resources Committee Issues Report, p. 9.
- Boston Harbor Plan Approved, p. 9.
- Whalewatch Guidelines from NMFS, p. 12.
- Six Counties in Massachusetts Declared Disaster Areas in the
Wake of Hurricane Bob, p. 1.
- COASTSWEEP Scheduled for September 21, p. 1.
- National Flood Insurance Program Reform Bill Considered by
Senate, p. 3.
- Massachusetts Communities' Flood Insurance Data, p. 4.
- Community Rating System, p. 4.
- COASTSWEEP Cleanup List, p. 5.
- "The Ghost Net: An Environmental Sea Story" Comes to Boston,
- Mass Bays Program Announces Mini-Bays Grants, p. 1.
- CZM Program Assessments Available, p. 2.
- Governor Signs Buzzards Bay CCMP, p. 2.
- No Discharge Zone Proposed for Wareham, p. 2.
- Bay-Wide Monitoring Program Planned, p. 2.
- Mass Bays Action Grants Awarded, p. 2.
- CZM Backs Federal Flood Insurance Bill, p. 3.
- COASTSWEEP Draws Thousands to Massachusetts Shore, p. 3.
- Massachusetts Environmental Trust Announces Second Grant
Round, p. 3.
- Annual Reports Available from Mass Bays Program and the Gulf
of Maine Council, p. 3.
- CZM Receives NOAA Grant for Gulf of Maine Data Analysis, p.
- Questions Unresolved about Radioactive Waste in Massachusetts
Bay, p. 4.
- Mobil to Accept Used Oil, p. 4.
- CSO Reviews Revised Manual on Wetlands Delineation, p. 4.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Unveils New Wetlands Logo, p.
- DEM Acquires Land in Ellisville Harbor ACEC, Plymouth, p. 4.
- Halloween Storm Hits Massachusetts Coast, p. 1.
- Boston Harbor Outfall Monitoring Plan Designed, p. 2.
- Truro Harbor Planning RFP May Aid Other Communities, p. 2.
- CZM Awarded Federal Emergency Funds for Storms, p. 2.
- EPA to Survey Massachusetts Bay for Evidence of a Past Dump
Site for Toxic Waste During the 1940's, p. 2.
- Christmas Trees Can Help Dune Renourishment, p. 3.
- New Deputy Director at DEP Waterways and Wetlands, p. 3.
- Offshore Oil and Drilling Plan Excludes Georges Bank, p. 3.
- CZM Director Chairs CSO Committee, p. 3.
- Herring River Watershed ACEC Announced, p. 3.
- Innovative Duxbury/Kingston/Plymouth Baywide Committee
Established, p. 4.