The CZM Regional Offices
CZM maintains the following five regional offices:
The regional program is central to CZM's mission. The regional coordinators provide key functions including:
- Serving as liaisons between federal and state programs and municipal authorities on key initiatives within the coastal zone.
- Coordinating with regional initiatives.
- Performing Federal Consistency Review.
- Providing technical assistance to coastal communities.
- Facilitating local initiatives that are consistent with CZM program goals, such as resource management and watershed and port/harbor planning efforts.
Below is a list of the CZM regional offices and the communities that they serve. Communities outside the coastal zone boundary can also receive technical assistance and other support from either the regional office nearest them, or CZM's Boston office.
Amesbury, Beverly, Danvers, Essex, Gloucester, Ipswich, Lynn, Manchester, Marblehead, Nahant, Newbury, Newburyport, Peabody, Revere, Rockport, Rowley, Salem, Salisbury, Saugus, and Swampscott
Boston, Braintree, Chelsea, Everett, Milton, Quincy, Weymouth, and Winthrop
Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanover, Hingham, Hull, Kingston, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, and Scituate
Aquinnah, Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Chatham, Chilmark, Dennis, Eastham, Edgartown, Falmouth, Gosnold, Harwich, Mashpee, Nantucket, Oak Bluffs, Orleans, Provincetown, Sandwich, Tisbury, Truro, Wellfleet, West Tisbury, and Yarmouth
Acushnet, Berkley, Dartmouth, Dighton, Fairhaven, Fall River, Freetown, Marion, Mattapoisett, New Bedford, Rehoboth, Seekonk, Somerset, Swansea, Wareham, and Westport