Middlesex Fells Trail System Plan
Public / Trail User Input
We are inviting members of the public and users of the Middlesex Fells trail system to provide input into the trail system planning process.
We invite each interested individual to submit an email or letter describing their comments, experiences, goals and concerns at this stage in the process. We will also invite additional comment on the draft plan, once developed.
To help guide you in your thinking, we have included the set of questions below, but please do not feel constrained by these questions.
We will be accepting public input in this phase through February 28, 2010.
Thank you for your input!
Public / Trail User Guiding Questions
- How you (and your family) use the trails at the Middlesex Fells? (i.e. what parts of the Fells; how often; what kinds uses; what times of day, week and year; etc.)
- What would you describe as some of the highlights of the Fells trail system? (i.e. what scenic, natural or cultural resources and destinations are important to you?)
- What would you describe as some of the problems with the trail system at the Fells that affect your trail experience there?
- Can you describe the “recreational experience(s)” that you find most enjoyable at the Fells? (This might include the level of difficulty, interaction with other users, length of the use, type of use, etc. Feel free to write about your best Fells experience.)
- If you could make three changes in the Fells trail system, what would they be?
- What other comments would you like us to consider as we develop our trail system plan for the Middlesex Fells?
Please mail or e-mail your input to:
Middlesex Fells Trail Plan
136 Damon Rd
Northampton, MA 01060