Canoeing in Robinson
462 North St.
Feeding Hills, MA 01030
Robinson State Park serves as a major day use area for the Springfield region. Donated to the state in 1934 by John C. Robinson, the facility includes over 800 acres with five miles of frontage on the Westfield River.
A paved road that runs along the River’s edge creates access to the park available for cars, foot traffic, bicycles, strollers, and wheelchairs leading to the swimming pond, playing fields picnic areas and the launch area for canoeing and kayaking.
Approximately 20 miles of trails in the park are shared by walkers, hikers, mountain bikers and horseback riders. Many of them offer scenic views of the Westfield River, including the 17 acre island west of the falls at Mittineague, which is one of the park's most picturesque spots.
Robinson State Park is open from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Sunday-Thursday.
Download printable version (pdf)
The park is located in the southern Ct river valley.
FROM THE WEST:
1. Head east on I-90 E
2. Take exit 3 toward Westfield/Northampton - 0.3 mi
3. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Southampton Rd- 0.1 mi
4. Turn right at Southampton Rd- Continue to follow 202S - 1.2 mi
5. Turn left at Meadow St - 0.8 mi
6. Turn left at Main St - 1.1 mi
7. Turn right at Little River Rd- 4.4 mi
8. Turn left at North St. Park will be on the left - 1.1 mi
FROM THE EAST:
1. Head west on I-90 W
2. Take exit 6 toward Springfield- 0.3 mi
3. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Johnny Cake Hollow Rd - 0.2 mi
4. Turn left at Johnny Cake Hollow Rd - 30 ft
5. Continue on I-291 W - 5.3 mi
6. Exit and continueonto Plainfield St toward Westfield - 1.1 mi
7. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Park St - 0.7 mi
8. Turn left at River St - 0.8 mi
9. Turn right at Memorial Ave - 315 ft
10. Take the 1st right onto Springfield St - 0.7 mi
11. Continue on North St. Park will be on the right - 1.1 mi
FROM THE NORTH:
1. Take I-91 S
2. Take exit 7 for Columbus Ave - 0.3 mi
3. Turn right at Memorial Bridge - 0.3 mi
4. At Memorial Rotary, take the 2nd exit onto Memorial Ave - Continue - 1.7 mi
5. Turn right at Springfield St - 0.7 mi
6 Continue on North St. Park will be on the right - 1.1 mi
FROM THE SOUTH:
1. Take I-91 N
2. Take exit 6 to merge onto E Columbus Ave - 0.8 mi
3. Turn left at Boland Way - 344 ft
4. Continue on Memorial Bridge - 0.3 mi
5. At Memorial Rotary, take the 2nd exit onto Memorial Ave - Continue - 1.7 mi
6. Turn right at Springfield St - 0.7 mi
7. Continue on North St. Park will be on the right - 1.1 mi