All parks and facilities are open dawn to dusk, except where otherwise
file) are required for all use of athletic fields unless otherwise
noted. Please address all requests in writing to DCR Athletic
Fields Reservations, 4 Woodland Road, Stoneham, MA 02180. (617)
Ebersol's Red Sox Fields at Lederman Park, Boston: Baseball, football,
- Daly Recreation Center, Nonantum Road, Brighton:
Football, softball (lighted)
- Magazine Beach Field, Memorial
Drive, Cambridge: Football, Little League, Softball
- Dr. Paul Dudley White Bike Path, Approx. 18 mile loop from Science Park
to Watertown Square
- Riverbend Park, Memorial Drive from Eliot Bridge to
Western Ave. (Closed to vehicular traffic from the last Sunday
in April through the second Sunday in November, 11am to 7pm.)
We encourage all users of the Charles River paths to be courteous to
other users. Please watch for traffic and do not block paths.
Many runners (as well as
walkers, rollerbladers and cyclists) use the path along the Charles
Eight station exercise area - upstream of BU Bridge, Cambridge
side and downstream of BU Bridge, Boston side.
Herter Park off Soldiers Field Road, Brighton. Permits are required
for groups of 25 or more. See above for permit information.
Boston, Back Bay at Berkeley Street, Deerfield Street, Hereford Street, Pinckney
Street, Union Boat House Artesani Park at off Soldiers Field Road, Brighton
Magazine Beach, Memorial Drive, Cambridge Murphy's Tot Lot, Greenough Boulevard,
Cambridge Greenough Boulevard near Watertown Square, Watertown
Daly Memorial Rink, Nonantum Road, Brighton:
Concession stand, skate rentals, sharpening and lessons. Rinks
are open from mid-November to mid-March. Call 727-4708 for more
- Brighton/Allston Pool, North Beacon Street
- Spray Pool at Artesani Playground, Soldiers Field Road, Brighton
- Dealtry Memorial Pool, Pleasant Street, Watertown.
Pools are open from late June to early September. Call 727-4708 for
All tennis courts operate on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Charlesbank Park, Charles Street, Boston (4 lighted)
- Canalouga Park, Pleasant Street, Waltham (1).