Interior of Melnea A. Cass recreational Complex
Melnea A. Cass Recreational Complex
120 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
The DCR Melnea A. Cass Recreational Complex is completed and had a grand opening on June 30, 2011
The renovated facility offers a large indoor recreational arena that offers a year round, climate controlled recreational space which is connected to the Melnea A. Cass Memorial Pool. The facility was built to be a flexible space that can accommodate many different uses.
- 7am – 9:30pm Monday – Saturday
- 11am – 7pm on Sundays
Highlights of Facility
- The recreational area is 235 feet x 105 feet, offering 24,000 square feet of useable space.
- The track allows for casual walking around primary floor space.
- Primary floor space is lined for multiple uses and activities, including, soccer, roller derby and tennis.
- New lobby creates gathering space and facilitates access to restrooms.
- The Complex can be used for educational programming, cultural experiences and performances.
- The Complex may be reserved for private functions and family events.
DCR is looking to partner with organizations to offer expanded programming and recreational opportunities.
||Group Fitness Classes
||Universal Access Programs
- Climate Controlled Year Round Space
- Lobby Gathering Space/Event Area
- Large Open Flexible Space
The Recreation Complex is connected to the DCR Melnea A. Cass Memorial Pool at 120 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in Roxbury. The property is adjacent to Malcolm X Park and next door to the City of Boston’s Shelburne Youth Center.
To inquire about using the Complex for a program contact:
Director of the Cass Complex