| Neponset Phase II
Neponset Master Plan - Phase II
Click the image to enlarge
Lower Neponsetb River Reservation
Department of Conservation and Recreation
The park provides an important missing link between the recently developed parkland at Pope John Paul II Park to the south and the DCR’s Neponset Marshes just northwest of Granite Avenue.
- The new park is approximately 7 acres in size.
- A car top boat launch for canoes and kayaks at the site of the former wharf area. The new boat ramp and float launch system will allow the public to access the river at all tides and allow for a boat rental program.
- Passive park areas include expanses of lawn, pedestrian path system and seating along the river edge with a rebuilt granite seawall and a circular seating area and labyrinth surrounded by plantings for quiet play.
- Portable toilets on site
- Neponset River Trail connection through site
- Parking for 25 cars, with 2 accessible spaces
- A new signalized crossing at Granite Avenue to allow trail users to cross Granite Avenue safely.
- Start of Construction May 2004
- Remediation and clean up June 2005
- Park opening Spring 2006
The DCR is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.