Policy for Public Participation at DCR Stewardship Council Meetings
The following outlines the guidelines for public participation at DCR Stewardship Council meetings as devised by the policy subcommittee and approved by the Council on Oct. 27, 2006.
- Public comment will be allowed. After being recognized by the Chairman, a public participant may speak about topics discussed during the meeting or about other topics relating to Stewardship Council responsibilities.
- If participants are part of a group, each group may choose one person to speak for that group.
- To maximize access for public participation, five minutes of speaking (or some other period set based upon time limitations at the meeting) will be allowed. The set time will be applied uniformly for all public participants.
- Any additional comment may be submitted in writing to the Council. Contact information should be provided in the material.
- The Stewardship Council will review the material and will contact the speaker if additional comment to the Council will be necessary at a subsequent meeting.
- The Stewardship Council reserves the right to amend this policy.
Division of State Parks
Division of Urban Parks
Division of Water Supply
Division of Planning and Engineering
Back to Stewardship Council main page