ALL DCR Lifeguards must be at least 16 years of age and must be certified
in three general areas: Lifeguard Training, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. The following list highlights those training programs which meet our certification requirements.
*Applicants need only possess one of the listed certifications in each category.
General Requirements for ALL Lifeguards
- Lifeguard Training
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training; or
- YMCA Lifeguarding
- First Aid
- American Red Cross Community First Aid & Safety; or
- American Red Cross Standard First Aid; or
- National Safety Council "Green Cross" 8 Hour First Aid course
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer / AED; or
- American Heart Association CPR for the Health Care Provider issued within the last year.
*Note: This is a partial listing of acceptable certifications. If your certificate is not listed above, please contact us to determine whether your certification meets our minimum certification requirements.
$1014.90 bi weekly (12.69 per hour), well above the Massachusetts average of $8.66/hour. All lifeguards will be paid every two weeks.
If you don't have the necessary certifications, contact your local American Red Cross Chapter for information on courses in your area.