Benefits of Lifeguarding - Make A Splash On Your Resume!
Lifeguards are professional rescuers, trained to help prevent injuries and to respond in an emergency to help save a life. As part of a team, lifeguards must work together to calmly and efficiently manage crisis situations.
If you're a lifeguard, please submit a resume that highlights your special skills in business and industry. Be sure to showcase the following skills on your resume:
- Public Relations / Customer Service - lifeguards work with members of the public on a daily basis and must respond to inquiries and complaints in a positive and professional manner
- Crisis Management - lifeguards are trained to think in emergencies, take control of crisis situations and prioritize their acts in order to save a life
- Conflict Resolution - experienced lifeguards learn to mediate disputes between patrons and find creative solutions to common problems
- Leadership - lifeguards gain leadership skills as they progress up through the ranks of guards. Head lifeguards assume responsibility for supervising staff, scheduling, etc.
- Teamwork - lifeguards are taught to work as a part of a cohesive team in order to effectively protect swimmers.
Please pomote the skills you've learned as a lifeguard on your resume. Help change the image of a lifeguard from a teenager who sits in the sun all summer to that of a trained, professional member of the Emergency Medical Services system. Update your resume today and prepare for success tomorrow.
With a commitment to water safety, the Department is in need of certified lifeguards and head lifeguards to work at our many pools as well as at our inland and ocean beaches. If you think you've got what it takes to work as part of our lifeguard team, visit our application page and apply today!