Surplus Antlerless Deer Permit Sales Instructions
Surplus antlerless deer permits for Wildlife Management Zones 10, 11, 13, and 14 will be available for sale beginning Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 8:00 am.
NEW THIS YEAR: Hunters may purchase antlerless deer permits online or at any walk-in license agent location.
As in the past, surplus antlerless deer permits will be issued on a first-come/first-served basis. Whether on a computer or at a license agent location, deer hunters may purchase 1 permit/Zone/day for Zones 10 and 11 and may purchase up to 4 permits/Zone/day for Zones 13 and 14 (Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket).
To avoid long lines at MassWildlife offices, hunters are encouraged to purchase surplus antlerless deer permits online from a home or work computer at www.mass.gov/massfishhunt, or have a friend or family member purchase permits online for them. Anyone purchasing surplus antlerless deer permits MUST have the last name and Customer ID # for all hunters for whom they are purchasing permits.
- The Internet: Hunters may return to the MassFishHunt website using a personal home computer or use the computer at a local library to try to win an antlerless deer permit (see instructions below).
- MassWildlife Offices: Hunters may visit any office and the MassWildlife staff will try to win the permit on your behalf.
- License Agent Location: Hunters may visit any authorized
MA licensing agent and the clerk on duty will log in the information
for you to see if you win a permit.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the possibility of heavy Internet traffic on August 1st and possible computer performance issues, MassWildlife strongly recommends hunters visit the MassFishHunt site on a date later than August 1st to try to win a permit. Hunters have one chance to try for an Instant Award Antlerless Deer Permit.
- Log into MassFishHunt system with your last name and customer ID#
- Click the [Enter Sales] button at the bottom right of the screen
- On the Main Menu on the left, click "Hunting Permits and Stamps"
- Click on the [Add] button next to "Surplus Antlerless Deer Permit"
- Click on [Select] next to the first zone for which you would like to purchase a surplus permit
- The permit will be placed in your shopping cart and you will receive a message that states: "This product will be removed from your cart unless the purchase is completed within fifteen (15) minutes."
- Click OK to the message
- If you would like to purchase additional permits you may repeat steps 4-7 above until all permits that you would like to purchase have been placed in your shopping cart.
- Click on the blue [Check Out] button on the right side of the screen.
- Enter your payment information and click [Submit Payment]
- To Print your permit(s) click on the blue button "Print Licenses/permits
Reminder: You will have 15 minutes to complete your purchase online or the permit(s) will be removed from your cart. If a permit is removed from your cart, you may re-add it following the above steps as long as permits for that Zone remain available for sale.
Reprinting Permits: Antlerless Deer Permits may be reprinted if the original permit is lost or destroyed, however, your ability to reprint or produce copies of licenses, permits, and tags does NOT authorize you to use more than the legal number of tags issued to you.
If you need to reprint any antlerless deer permit that has been issued to you (either through the Instant Award Process or Surplus Sales) you need to:
- Log into MassFishHunt with your last name and customer ID#
- On the Customer Menu at the top right, Click on "License Inventory / Reprint / Cancel"
- In the middle of the page under the heading "Reprint Items *" you will see a list of all current products that may be reprinted at that time
- Find the antlerless deer permit that you need to reprint in the reprint list and click on Print Document to the right of the item.
- Open and Print the antlerless deer permit PDF file