The GIS Program operates out of the Commissioner's
office and consists of two full time staff who work closely with GIS staff in DFG's Divisions.
Services rendered by the program include
- Providing GIS products, applications and services to the Commissioner's office
and to those Programs and Divisions without GIS capability.
- Providing technical leadership and oversight to Divisional and other Departmental
agency GIS efforts including the design and development of GIS systems,
related applications and data development efforts.
- Advising on the purchase of GIS related technology and services, both by the
Commissioner's office and other programs.
- Providing training to Departmental
The Program also maintains a blog, designed help
GIS users in the Department share information about their projects, tips and tricks for working with GIS data, information on new data layers, and
opportunities for training and technical support.
- Dan Koch - GIS Coordinator
Dan directs the Program's development and operation as well as coordinates the efforts of all GIS users within the Department. Dan directly supports GIS use in the Department by providing programming services, staff training, technical support, and data development. Dan also designs and develops web mapping applications for the Department. In addition, he acts as the Department's WebMaster and primary web developer. Dan has a Master's Degree in GIS and International Development from
- Kevin Robicheau - Senior GIS Specialist
- Kevin participates in all aspects
of the GIS program including, land accquision mapping, programming, web mapping, ArcGIS support for the Department.
Kevin has a Master's Degree in Geography with a concentration in GIS and Cartography from SUNY at Buffalo.
Staff in other Departmental agencies function as GIS specialists for their
agencies. The Departmental Program provides technical support (when it
is needed) and coordination to agency GIS activities.
- Micah Dean - DMF Systems Analyst and GIS Specialist
- Division of Marine Fisheries
- David Szczebak - DFW GIS Specialist
- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
- Tara Boswell - NHESP GIS Specialist
- Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program
- Chris Leuchtenburg - DER GIS Specialist
- Division of Ecological Restoration