Purchase a Massachusetts Fishing, Hunting or Sporting License, a Recreational
Lobster Permit, a Saltwater Fishing Permit, or check your harvested game online via MassFishHunt
purchases require the following:
1. Major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex)
2. Local printer to print licenses, permits and stamps
3. Plain, white, letter-sized printer paper
a License or Permit Online/Game Check!!!
Telephone Sales - To purchase a Recreational Saltwater Fishing Permit by phone,
call 1-866-703-1925 between 5:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., 7 days/week.
ONLINE GAME CHECK AVAILABLE DURING SPRING TURKEY SEASON
More information about checking your turkey online can be found in the 2013 Guide to Hunting, Fishing and Trapping on Pages 8-11, at the e-regulations web link, or at the DFW Turkey Hunting webpage.
Turkey hunters still have the option of bringing their bird to a traditional game check station. An updated map/list of game check stations can be found here.
- Print and Reprint Your Own Licenses and Duplicates!
- Please note that licenses and permits will no longer be printed
and mailed to you. "MassFishHunt"
allows you print out your own license with tags and permits from your
home computer. Washed your license or lost it in the field? "MassFishHunt"
also provides the ability to print duplicate licenses and permits free
- Purchasing Licenses and Permits at Authorized Agent Locations
- Freshwater fishing, hunting and trapping licenses can also be purchased
at authorized agent
- Frequently Asked Questions (See Licensing
- When can I purchase my 2011 Massachusetts Fishing, Hunting, or Sporting
License or Recreational Lobster Permit online?
- Right now. The Department of Fish & Game has replaced its MassOutdoors
licensing system with a new system called MassFishHunt.
Through this new system you can purchase Massachusetts Fishing, Hunting,
and Sporting Licenses from the Division of Fisheries & Wildlife and
Recreational Lobster Permits and Saltwater Fishing Permits from the
Division of Marine Fisheries for the 2011 calendar year.
- Can I purchase any licenses and/or permits over the phone?
- Yes! You may purchase a Saltwater Fishing Permit or donate to the
"Marine Fisheries Recreational Saltwater Fishing Fund" via the information
Telephone Sales: 1-866-703-1925
Hours of Operation: Seven Days a Week, 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
(Note: Please DO NOT call the Help Desk number for telephone purchases.)
- Will I be able to renew my motorboat, ATV, and snowmobile registrations
- No. You must continue to use MassOutdoors to register motorboats,
ATVs, and snowmobiles with the Office of Law Enforcement (Environmental
- I was a longtime "MassOutdoors" customer. Was my customer
information converted to "MassFishHunt"? Will I be able to
find my personal information using my old Customer ID?
- In most cases, yes. Tens of thousands of "MassOutdoors"
customer records were converted to the "MassFishHunt"
system. When you first use "MassFishHunt",
try using your former Customer ID to access your customer record. If
your customer information is located under your former Customer ID,
you may continue to use this ID for all future "MassFishHunt"
transactions. If your old customer record is not found, you may create
a new customer record in "MassFishHunt".
Please remember to use your new Customer ID for all future transactions.
- Will I be able to renew my Recreational Lobster Permit and report
my 2010 Lobster Harvest information via MassFishHunt?
- Yes. Calendar year 2010 Recreational Lobster Permit information was
converted to MassFishHunt. If you purchased a 2010 Recreational
Lobster Permit, you will be prompted to provide your 2010 harvest information.
- How can I pay for licenses/permits issued via MassFishHunt?
- As with MassOutdoors, you will be able to use all major credit
cards (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) for your
MassFishHunt purchases. Please note that we do not accept
Debit cards unless they can also be used as credit cards. Your MassFishHunt
transactions will be indicated on your credit card statement as follows:
- ACT*MADFG MassFishHunt 615-263-4257
- Who do I call if I have questions about using MassFishHunt?
- The Department of Fish and Game has contracted with ActiveOutdoors,
a division of Active Network, for system development, maintenance, and
support. Please contact the ActiveOutdoors Help Desk at 1-888-773-8450
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions about using MassFishHunt.
The links below will take you to more information about hunting, fishing,
trapping, and other recreational opportunities in Massachusetts.
You should be proud to know that your license fees support inland and
marine fisheries research and management, wildlife restoration programs,
land conservation efforts, and environmental law enforcement. We greatly
appreciate your support of our agency and its programs.