All winegrowers, farmer-brewers and wholesalers of alcohol beverages licensed by Massachusetts must file monthly excise tax returns for all sales of alcohol beverages on or before the 20th of each month. All suppliers or importers who ship alcohol beverages into Massachusetts, including direct shipments, must also file returns with the state on or before the 20th of each month.   

Online Filing Available for Alcoholic Beverages Excise Taxpayers

The benefits of this new system include:

  • Automatic calculations
  • Import schedule information from your Excel records
  • Highlights common errors and mistakes before return is submitted
  • Online payment options and confirmations 
  • Schedule payments
  • Send and receive secure e-messages for information or help with account
  • Returns can be amended through the electronic filing system
  • No need to file paper returns ever again
  • Reduce time and money spent on mailing in monthly returns
  • Access account information, including tax bills, returns, and notices, 24 hours a day

Steps You Need to Take Now:
You will receive a letter with the information you need to be able to sign up for the new online system and file your monthly excise return online. More information on MassTaxConnect

All other tax filings including withholding, sales, and corporate will continue to be completed through WebFile for Business

File Return

Alcoholic Beverages Excise Toolkit for Navigating MassTaxConnect

Frequently Asked Questions about MassTaxConnect - under Help

More information on MassTaxConnect