All winegrowers, farmer-brewers and wholesalers of alcohol beverages licensed by Massachusetts must file monthly excise tax returns for all sales of alcohol beverages on or before the 20th of each month. All suppliers or importers who ship alcohol beverages into Massachusetts, including direct shipments, must also file returns with the state on or before the 20th of each month.
NEW! Online Filing Available Soon for Alcohol Beverage Excise Taxpayers
MassTaxConnect will be ready November 12, 2014 for your next monthly excise filing.
The benefits of this new system include:
- Automatic calculations
- Import schedule information from your Excel records
- Highlights common errors and mistakes before return is submitted
- Online payment options and confirmations
- Schedule payments
- Send and receive secure e-messages for information or help with account
- Returns can be amended through the electronic filing system
- No need to file paper returns ever again
- Reduce time and money spent on mailing in monthly returns
- Access account information, including tax bills, returns, and notices, 24 hours a day
Steps You Need to Take Now:
For now, file your monthly returns as you always have. Once MassTaxConnect is available on November 12, you will be mailed a letter with the information you need to be able to sign up for the new online system and file your monthly excise return online.
All other tax filings including withholding, sales, and corporate will continue to be completed through WebFile for Business.