A corporation must make estimated payments if the expected tax due exceeds $1,000. A corporation is required to file a declaration of estimated tax and to pay in four installments the lesser of:
- 90% of the tax shown on the return;
- 100% of the tax shown on the return for the preceding taxable year, provided the corporation filed a full year return for the preceding taxable year; or
- 90% of the tax for the current year using the income apportionment percentage, if any, for the preceding taxable year.
- Massachusetts Form M-2220 - Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Corporations, or proof that the corporation qualifies under the exception.
- M.G.L. Chapter 63B, Sections 3; 4; 5
- AP 633: Guidelines for the Waiver and Abatement of Penalties
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.