TITLE: 830 CMR 63.38N.1: Economic Opportunity Area Credit
SUMMARY OF REGULATION: 830 CMR 63.38N.1: Economic Opportunity Area Credit Regulation
- defines relevant terms;
- explains the general rules for availability of the credit;
- explains what taxpayers are eligible for the credit;
- explains what property is eligible for the credit;
- explains what costs are eligible for the credit;
- explains how to calculate the credit;
- explains limitations on the credit;
- explains the rules for carry over of the credit;
- explains the rules for recapture of the credit;
- explains how unincorporated flow-through entities claim the credit;
- explains rules for availability of the credit for S corporations or their shareholders;
- explains how combine groups may share the credit; and
- sets forth rules for controlled groups and entities under common control.
SUMMARY OF REGULATION AMENDMENT/REASON FOR CHANGE: 830 CMR 63.38N.1: Economic Opportunity Area Credit Regulation amendments do the following: add several necessary definitions in section (2); delete an obsolete statutory reference in section (4)(b); clarify in section (6) that the notice to the municipality triggering the credit must be in writing; and rewrite the recapture provisions in section (11) to clarify them.
Regulation Promulgated: 11/13/1998
Regulation Amended: 7/13/2007
Massachusetts Department of Revenue
Rulings and Regulations Bureau
100 Cambridge Street, 7 th floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02114
FAX: (617) 626-3290
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.