The following information must be sent with your first consolidated payment:
- The Employer Remittance Form (ERF) : The ERF, which DOR will send you, lists all employees for whom you are currently sending payments; please add information about any additional employees whose payments you wish to send to DOR.
- Adequate Documentation: If you do not have an ERF, you must provide the names, addresses, and Social Security numbers of the employees, parents receiving support, and the names of all dependents. (This information may be placed on the Child Support Case Information Form ; and we will send an ERF to you for future payments. NOTE: If you make payments by EFT we will not send you ERFs. If you do not use EFT, but do not wish to receive ERFs, contact our Employer Services Unit and we will honor your request.
- Income Withholding Order : A copy of the most recent income withholding order must be forwarded for any employee whose income withholding order was not previously payable through DOR.
Again, if you do not provide enough information to identify the employee(s) for whom you are making child support payments, DOR will not be able to process the payments correctly. You may be held responsible for reimbursing DOR for any payments that are processed incorrectly. If you are currently sending payments to the parent receiving support, you must continue to do so until you have given us enough information about the child support order to process the payments correctly.
Other points regarding consolidated payments:
- For all consolidated payments, checks should be made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and mailed to the following address: DOR, P.O. Box 55140, Boston, MA 02205-5140. Again, if this is the first time you are sending in a payment for a particular employee, please remember to enclose a copy of the income withholding order, and all other necessary information (the name and Social Security number for each employee and the amount being remitted).
- If you are sending in more money than is due, please indicate on the ERF that the money is intended for a future payment.
DOR looks forward to working with you to get child support payments to children and families in a timely manner. If you have any questions, call our Employer Services Unit at 800-332-2733 (local callers, 617-660-1234), fax us at 617-887-7560, or email us.