The Massachusetts Department of Revenue has released its 2015 corporate excise returns, schedules and instructions – which reflect all known changes and DOR revisions and are "subject only to further federal or state legislative action."
Please note that all forms are in PDF format and require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
NOTE: Schedules A-1, A-2, A-3 and NIR are obsolete. Taxpayers will no longer be required to provide this information when filing the return (it will be requested, if needed, on audit).
New! Expanded thresholds for Form 355SBC
355SBC Electronic Filing – Many corporate filers will now qualify to file electronically using Form 355SBC.
Beginning with 2015 corporate returns, criteria for filing the online Form 355SBC now includes:
- Gross receipts or sales under $1,000,000
- Total income under $1,000,000
- 100% of net income must be taxable in Massachusetts
- Not subject to corporate tax in another state
- The corporation is not a DISC, an S corporation or a Massachusetts Security Corporation
Filing is free through MassTaxConnect and it’s available at any time. Taxpayers who are not required to file electronically may file the paper Form 355. The paper version of 355SBC may be used only for returns prior to 2015.
Two new Schedules have been created:
- Credit Manager Schedule
- Credit Recapture Schedule
Which eliminates the following corporate schedules
- Schedule CR, Other Corporate Credits
- Schedule RF, Refundable Credits
- Schedule H-2, Credit Recapture (this will still be required for taxpayers filing income tax returns)
And simplifies the following schedules by removing line items or not requiring corporate taxpayers to complete certain sections
- Schedule RC, Research Credit
- Schedule RLSC, Refundable Life Sciences Credit (formerly known as Schedule RLC)
- Schedule H, Investment Tax Credit and Carryovers
- Schedule VP, Van Pool Credit
- Schedule EOAC, Economic Opportunity Area Credit
- Schedule EDIP, Refundable Economic Development Incentive Credit
- Schedule RFC, Refundable Film Credit
Upon request, forms are available in an alternative format. Please send your request to: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity, PO Box 9557, Boston, MA 02114-9557.
Additional forms and information are available through the Secretary of the Commonwealth's Corporations Division.