Go to Active Department of Revenue Alert.
The Official Website of the Department of Revenue (DOR)
Important Changes to 2016 Fiduciary Forms
- An “Amended return” oval, and “Amended return due to federal change,” oval added to Fiduciary tax returns. Taxpayers who need to change a line item on their originally filed return can simply fill in that oval as opposed to filing an application for abatement.
- Two new withholding lines added to Form 2G (lines 22-24)
- The following credits have been added to Schedule 2K-1:
- Senior Circuit Breaker, Solar/Wind, Septic, Certified Housing Development and Life Science Company
- “Fill in if showing a loss” ovals used now instead of negative sign or parens.
- Tax rate references changed to 5.1% from 5.15%
- Form 2 file size 1MB , Fiduciary Income Tax Return and Instructions
- Form 2G , Grantor's/Owner's Share of a Grantor Type Trust
- Schedule B/R , Beneficiary/Remaindermen
- Schedule B , Interest, Dividends and Certain Capital Gains and Losses (Revised November 30, 2016; tax rate on line 6 changed to 5.1%)
- Schedule D , Capital Gains and Losses
- Schedules E and F , Rental Income or Loss and Credit for Taxes Paid
- Schedule H , Expenses and Fiduciary Compensation
- Schedule IDD , Income Distribution Deduction
- Schedule 2K-1 , Beneficiary's Massachusetts Information
- Form 2-PV , Massachusetts Fiduciary Income Tax Payment Voucher
- Credit Manager Schedule (Revised December 8, 2016; change noted on page 1 of file) and Instructions
- Credit Recapture Schedule and Example