E-filing Options and Information
- Tax Preparation Software for Individually Prepared Tax Returns - This page includes links to all of the commercial software products approved by Massachusetts for e-filing.
- Find a Tax Preparer
- Locate the closest Authorized IRS and State e-file Providers in your area where you can electronically file your tax return.
- Massachusetts E-filing Reject Codes - This section provides codes and solutions for Massachusetts e-filing rejects. Choose either the pdf version or the online application.
- Approved Software for Tax Professionals - This section includes links to all personal income and corporate professional software packages approved by Massachusetts for e-filing.
- Massachusetts E-Filing Reject Codes - This section provides codes and solutions for Massachusetts e-filing rejects. Choose either the pdf version or the online application.
- Online Estimates - With proper authority, you can file and pay your client's 1-ES. This system provides instant receipt of return and payment. In addition, you can view your client's filing and payment history online to verify payments prior to filing to minimize delays in processing
- Personal Income Information for Software Developers - This section includes links to income tax forms and publications for software developers.
- Corporate, Fiduciary and Partnership information for Software Developers - This section includes links to electronic publications, forms, business rules and schemas for software developers.
Recently Asked Questions
Q. Can an electronic payment be made using an investment account with check writing ability?
A. The banking industry routinely restricts third party ACH debits and credits to mutual fund accounts. Such entries are restricted against money market fund accounts for security reasons. Many banking entities suggest that individuals transfer funds to a deposit account and have the ACH debit applied against the deposit account.