- General Rules
- Massachusetts Deductions on Form 1 and Form 1-NR/PY
- Massachusetts Deductions on Schedule Y
Massachusetts Taxable Income is Massachusetts adjusted gross income less specific Massachusetts deductions found on Form 1, lines 11 - 14 (Form 1-NR/PY, Lines 15 - 18) and Schedule Y, Lines 11 – 16 as well as the deduction for exemptions. Taxable income is the figure used to determine actual tax due.
- Child Care Expenses for Child under Age 13 or Disabled Dependent or Spouse
- Dependent Member(s) of Household under Age 12, or Dependents Age 65 or Older, or Disabled Dependents Deduction
- Rent Paid
- Social Security (FICA) and Medicare Deduction