The Division of Local ServicesDLS produces a number of publications for the use of municipal officials and others interested in municipal finance and administration. Most of these publications can be displayed, downloaded, and printed on your printer in a form identical to their published version, included images, charts, photographs, etc. Some publications have been converted into topics that can be linked to other publications and other Internet resources, so that users can delve deeper into topics beyond the constraints of traditional publications. DLS can immediately update these topics as laws, regulations, and guidelines change, instead of waiting for the next issue of a publication. The converted publications are contained in what is called the Municipal Knowledge Base.
For more information ...
- Collector Manual Forms in PDF (COLMANF.PDF, about 170KB)
- In February 1997, Executive Order 393 was signed. The order required the Division of Local Services to audit school districts within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The audits included but were not limited to: School finances, staffing, test scores, time learning standards, school improvement and technology plans.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT/TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE:
- is available for all to use. This Corporations Book is "searchable". Just insert a letter or several names then click "search", all of the information is at your fingertips.
- is a guide to assist municipalities in carrying out their responsibilities in planning, financing and implementing capital improvements.
- is a guide on the basic concepts and techniques of costing for Massachusetts officials with varying degrees of experience in the field of costing services.
Municipal Calendar (Updated October 2012) file size 1MBdetailing key dates for administering local government finances
- A publication made available to assist local officials with terminology they encounter performing their municipal duties.
- A brochure detailing the Division of Local Services' financial management assistance/consulting available to Massachusetts local governments.
MUNICIPAL FINANCE LAW:
- containing late-breaking news, announcements, updates and training opportunities
- outlining policies, administrative procedures and municipal law updates
- A selection of opinions issued by the Division of Local Services.
- the first comprehensive guide
In order to view the information contained in the documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader Version.When you are in Acrobat PDF files, the cursor will typically be either a grabbing hand or a pointing hand. If the cursor becomes a pointing hand, you are on a linked area. Clicking anywhere in this area will take you somewhere else: another related file, another location within the same document, even a different computer somewhere else in the world, depending on what linkages the document's Internet editor established beforehand. Usually long publications have Tables of Contents. These will normally be 'dynamic', i.e. you can point to the page or topic you want to go to, click, and you will be there. In some cases, text will be surrounded by a box, usually with a blue line. This is another way of designating a linked area.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.