The Department of Early Education and Care is seeking one (1) vendor to manage the FY12 QRIS Individual Program Quality Improvement Grants to eligible programs who are enrolled in QRIS. This vendor will be responsible for: (1) managing the Request for Proposal (RFP) process by working with EEC to develop and write the RFP; (2) coordinate and conduct on-going technical assistance opportunities specific to receiving grant funding. These opportunities should include up to six (6) webinars or in-person trainings for potential bidders on a weekly basis during the period the RFP is posted and prior to the application deadline; (3)reviewing all grant applications, including but not limited to proposed budgets, narrative responses and required forms; and (4) managing all aspects of the grant awards.
- EEC is pleased to announce the FY 2012 FY 2012 Rural Community Support Grant (ARRA/SAC).
- EEC is pleased to announce the FY 12 Mental Health Consultation Services Grant RFP for Region 1. The FY 12 Mental Health Consultation Services Grant for Region 1 is intended to continue to support a statewide mental health consultation services model that meets the needs of the early education and care field
- EEC is pleased to announce the FY2011 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grant. The FY2011 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grants provides not for profit agencies with up to $5,000 in funding to support curricular activities with an intentional focus on language development and literacy.
- EEC is pleased to announce the FY2012 Educator and Provider Support Competitive RFP for EEC’s Metro Region (Region 4).
- Through this competitive Request for Proposals (RFP), EEC will award grants to one or more programs(s) who will collaborate with the public schools awarded contracts through the 2009 Income Eligible Child Care Financial Assistance Program Demonstration Project for Public and Private Schools, to improve program quality.
- Through this competitive Request for Proposals (RFP), EEC will award grants to one or more vendor(s) with the capacity to offer services statewide or in large portions of the state to provide training, technical assistance, coaching/mentoring, and assessment and screening tools and materials to programs in the mixed delivery system to support the implementation of assessment and screening in settings serving preschool children across the Commonwealth.
- Massachusetts is in the process of updating the FY2010 Provisional Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) for FY2011. During the spring of 2010, EEC began piloting the Massachusetts QRIS and expects to have revised Standards of quality, which are the foundation of the QRIS, for use in the FY2011 QRIS system by January 2011, after holding focus groups with pilot programs and receiving recommendations from an evaluator which will be hired to document the research base for each Standard.
- EEC seeks to create an overarching statewide communication strategy and infrastructure to specifically raise public awareness and understanding regarding the importance of quality early education and care experiences during children's earliest years.