EEC is pleased to announce the FY2012 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grant. The FY2012 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grants provides not for profit agencies with up to $5,000 in funding to support curricular activities with an intentional focus on language development and literacy.
**The online platform for budget submission referenced in the FY2012 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grant RFP has been changed to an excel spreadsheet budget and narrative document that must be submitted with the other required documents on July 18, 2011. The excel spreadsheet will be posted on Friday, July 1, 2011.**
FY12 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grant RFP (Update 5-17-2011)
Questions and AnswersFY12 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grant Q&A
|1. RFP Release/Posting:||May 9, 2011|
|2. Submission of Intent to Bid:||June 3, 2011 - 4:00 PM|
3. Submission of Written Inquiries:
Applicants must submit written inquiries to:
June 10, 2011 - 4:00 PM
|4. Response to Written Inquiries:||June 24, 2011 - 4:00 PM|
|5. Online Budget Platform opens:||June 27, 2011 - 4:00 PM|
6. Submission Deadline:
Application must submit proposals to:
July 18, 2011 - 4:00 PM
|7. Bidders are Notified of Awards:||On or about August 15, 2011|
|8. Grant Start Date||August 22, 2011|
All not for profit programs within EEC's mixed delivery system are eligible to apply for funding through this RFP.
Application Submission Information
To be submitted electronically:
The Required Program Forms below must be submitted via email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of your agency and name of grant as the subject line of the email.
Application for Program Grant : (Cover Page, Program Contacts, Communities Served, Fund Allocation & Narrative)
( see APPENDIX A to complete the Application for Program Grant workbook)
- Proposal Narrative
To be mailed to:
One original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and two copies of these documents
Application for Program Grant with Signed Cover page
( see APPENDIX A to complete the Application for Program Grant workbook before the online submission goes live)
- Proposal Narrative
- Documentation of not-for-profit status
- Summary Page from QRIS as proof of QRIS rating or submission (if rating has not yet been verified and assigned by EEC.
- Copy of Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if you are claiming Indirect Cost)
Applicants must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their RFP response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth of MA)
- A signed Commonwealth Terms & Conditions form
- W-9 with DUNS #
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Executive Order 504 Certification
Department of Early Education and Care
FY2012 Child Care Quality Literacy Support Grant
Attention: Michele Smith
51 Sleeper Street, 4 th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be filled out by the Respondent or included in any response submitted.
Appendix A: Budget Workbook. Note: This procurement will include an online submission of budget and budget narrative. This workbook is for reference use only.
Appendix B: Rating Criteria
Appendix C: Grant Payment Terms, Grant Expenditures, Termination, Recoupment of Funds, and Relevant Law
Appendix D: Budget Glossary
FY12 License Plate Literacy Support Grant Award Postings
- Ellis Memorial School Age @66 Berkeley
- Ellis Memorial School Age at Madison Park
- Ellis Memorial Infant/Toddler Program
- Ellis Memorial Preschool Program
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Bates School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Beachmont School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Burke School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Carroll School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Gorman School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Lincoln School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Madeline English School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ McKinley School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Parlin School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Welch School
- For Kids Only Afterschool Inc.@ Whittier School
- Horizons for Homeless Children, Edgerley Family Community Children's Center
- Horizons for Homeless Children, Putnam Investments Community Children's Center
- Horizons for Homeless Children, Schoen Family Community Children's Center
- South Shore Early Education- Marshfield/South Shore Community Action Council, Inc.
- South Shore Early Education- Plymouth/South Shore Community Action Council, Inc.
- The Community Teamwork, Inc.(CTI)/Early Learning Program/James Houlares Early Learning Center (JHELC)
- YMCA of Greater Boston/Eastern Branch
- South Shore Stars Weymouth Preschool
- South Shore Stars Quincy Preschool
- South Shore Stars Randolph Preschool
Please Note* Additional grants may be awarded with this funding.
Information provided by the Department of Early Education and Care. Created: May 9, 2011; Updated: September 23, 2011