Purpose of Grant
Through this competitive Grant Application, EEC seeks to award funds to a vendor to support English Language Learners (ELLs) who are engaged in formal early education and care to access higher education to improve practice with children birth to five.
EEC seeks to develop a roadmap for English Language Learners (ELLs) that informs higher education and EEC on supporting multi-lingual educators as they navigate entry to higher education institutions, matriculation and degree attainment.
This is a competitive grant to build a roadmap and an infrastructure that supports ELLs to be successful in accessing higher education.
To be eligible to apply for funding through this Grant Application, an applicant must have the following abilities and experience:
- Understanding of the needs of ELL educators;
- Staff with the ability to speak other languages;
- Ability to connect and work with leaders in Institutes of Higher Education;
- Ability to analyze outcomes to identify activities that are best practices for ELL educators;
- Ability to connect with existing professional development systems and resources, such as the Educator and Provider Support (EPS) Grantees, Regional Readiness Centers to leverage resources and disseminate best practices;
- Ability to develop a career lattice for ELL educators entering into a degree program;
- Ability to coordinate focus groups and Higher Education Leadership Institutes to inform the process of degree attainment for ELL educators;
- Ability to conduct literature review to inform EEC and Institutes of Higher Education on how other states are supporting ELL educators along a career pathway into a degree program; and
- Ability and capacity to provide the Required Services outlined below.
Responses to this Grant Application (RFR) are due to EEC by 4:00 PM on July 27, 2014. Please see the Grant Application (RFR) for a timeline of additional dates relevant to responding to this Grant Application (RFR).
|Grant Application Release/Posting:||June 27, 2014|
Submission of Intent to Bid:
Email Intent to Bid to
|July 11, 2014||4:00 PM|
Applicants must submit proposals to RTTTProcurement@MassMail.State.MA.US
|July 27, 2014||4:00 PM|
|A Question and Answers Document was posted on May 29, 2014|
|Grant Start Date:||August 18, 2014 (estimated)|
To apply for this grant click here: FY2015-FY2016 RTTT-ELCG Project 8.5: Higher Education for English Language Learners
Application Submission Information
In accordance with the submission requirements detailed below, all required documents, including the Budget Workbook, narrative questions, and fiscal forms must be received at EEC’s Central Office by 4:00 PM on July 27, 2014.
All of the following documents below must be submitted:
- by mail with one (1) original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and three (3) copies,
- Checklist for Grant Application
- Signed Cover Page
- FY 2015-FY 2016 RTTT-ELCG Project 8.5 Budget Workbook
- FY 2015-FY 2016 RTTT-ELCG Project 8.5 Narrative Questions
- RTTT Certification Regarding Lobbying Form
- Copy of Indirect Cost Rate Approval Letter (if you are claiming Indirect Cost)
Required Electronic Submissions:
Submit documents via email as an attachment to RTTTProcurement@MassMail.State.MA.US
Please include name of grant and name of your agency on the subject line of the email. Example: FY2015-FY2016 RTTT-ELCG Project 8.5: Higher Education for English Language Learners.
Applicants must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their Grant Application response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth)
MA Standard Administrative Forms
- A Signed Commonwealth Terms and Conditions Form
- W-9 with DUNS #
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form 35
- Federal Funding and Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Reporting Requirements
Department of Early Education and Care
FY2015 - FY2016 RTTT-ELCG Project 8.5: Higher Education for English Language Learners
Fund Code 800, Agency Name
Attention: Elizabeth Bryant, Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
EEC may disqualify any incomplete grant applications from consideration/review.
Please note: If your application is selected for funding, EEC will e-mail a Standard Contract Form to the individual identified as the “Grant Coordinator Contact.” This Form will need to be printed, signed (in blue ink), and returned to EEC prior to the Grant start date. Directions on how to submit the signed form to EEC will be explained with the form.
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be filled out by the Respondent or included in any response submitted.
- Appendix A: Budget Workbook Instructions
- Appendix B: Evaluation Rating Criteria
- Appendix C: Grant Payment Terms, Grant Expenditures, Termination, Recoupment of Funds, and Relevant Law
- Appendix D: RTTT-ELCG Requirements for Specific for Contractors
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.