FY2017 Assessment Grant - Fund Code 513
Grant Description & Purpose:
Through this competitive Grant Application, EEC may award funding up to $400,000 to one or more vendors to design, deliver and coordinate screening and assessment system training. The selected vendor(s) will also coordinate with EEC's Educator and Provider Support (EPS) grantees to ensure locally that programs engaged in formative assessment have access to and are being trained to integrate screening and assessment into their programs.
Responses to this Grant Application (RFR) are due to EEC by 4:00 PM on May 13, 2016.
- FY2017 Assessment Grant RFR file size 1MB
- FY2017 Assessment Grant Award
- Grant Update
- FY17 Assessment Grant Questions and Answers
Before completing your FY 2017 Assessment Grant Online Application (Fund Code 513), please read the Grant Application posted on COMMBUYS and the grant application instructions posted on COMMBUYS.
COMMBUYS Grant Information:
Get Notified When Grants are Posted in COMMBUYS
A recent enhancement to COMMBUYS, the State's procurement system, enables registered organizations to receive email notifications of Grants* posted in the COMMBUYS Market Center.
To automatically receive these notifications, organizations need to establish a Vendor Profile in COMMBUYS - an action that takes a few minutes to complete and has no associated cost - and select the UNSPSC commodity code assigned to Grants (00-00-00).**
For Internet Explorer (IE) users, version 10 and under, changes may be needed to the browser setting. If you are unable to access COMMBUYS using IE, implement the following setting change:
- Select Tools from the browser Toolbar, and choose Internet Options;
- From the Advanced tab, scroll down toward the bottom and select Use TLS 1.2;
- Click OK.
If you have questions, please contact the COMMBUYS Help Desk at 1-888-627-8283 or COMMBUYS@state.ma.us.
To establish a Vendor Profile in COMMBUYS:
- Go to www.COMMBUYS.com and click the "Register" link;
- Be prepared to provide the name, address, email, and Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for your organization;
- Use the UNSPSC commodity code for Grants (00-00-00) when establishing your Vendor Profile;
- Reference our Registration Resources for assistance:
Find Grant Opportunities in COMMBUYS
Using the public search in COMMBUYS:
- Select Contract & Bid Search;
- Under Advanced Search, select Bids;
- Search "00-00 - Grant Opportunity" in the UNSPSC Segment-Family search field.*
Reference OSD's Locate a Grant in COMMBUYS job aid for additional guidance.
Please note: Applicants will be required to be specify an Administrator as part of the registration process. COMMBUYS will confirm that the Tax ID entered does not already exist in the system. If the Tax ID is already in use, you will need to follow-up within your own agency to a obtain access to COMMBUYS. More detailed instructions are provided in the job aid if this applies to your agency.
Access our COMMBUYS job aid to Locate a Grant Posting and Create a Response.
*All state agencies are subject to 815 CMR 2.00, State Grants, Federal Grant Awards, Federal Subgrants, and Subsidies, as well as the Office of the Comptroller's policy on State Grants, Federal Sub-Grants and Subsidies, Departments must use COMMBUYS to publicly post the availability of a discretionary Grant or Grant Program and publish the results of grantee selections. Use of COMMBUYS to receive electronic quotes for grant opportunities is optional; however, state agencies are encouraged to require grantees to register and submit quotes (applications) through COMMBUYS, which provides a central repository for receipt of electronic applications. As more grantees use COMMBUYS to identify grant opportunities, they will have a single location to apply for grants from multiple state agencies, resulting in efficiencies for both the grantees and the state agencies.
**This United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) is specific to Massachusetts and COMMBUYS, so no information about the code will be available on UNSPSC websites. As this is a new feature, interested organizations also may wish to conduct additional searches to find Grants prior to this enhancement. Using the Advanced Search feature, enter the word "Grant" in the Bid Description field, or narrow searches by selecting specific agencies from the Organization drop-down menu.
This is a competitive grant open to all vendors that are able to demonstrate through the submission of a successful grant application that they are able to meet the priorities and required services as outlined in this grant application. EEC's preference is to award one (1) grant to a vendor that will provide services throughout the Commonwealth.
If an applicant proposes subcontracting some of their required services, the applicant must submit the proposed subcontracted services for any subcontractor as part of its grant application response. Please note that all such subcontracts must be in writing and approved by EEC prior to their execution.
|Grant Application Release/Posting||March 23, 2016||4:00 PM|
Submission of Intent to Bid:
Email Intent to Bid to:
|April 8, 2016||4:00 PM|
Submission of Written Inquiries:
Applicants must submit written inquiries to:
|April 8, 2016||4:00 PM|
|Response to Written Inquiries||April 22, 2016 (estimated)|
Submission Deadline for Quotes/Bid Responses:
Applicants must submit proposals to:
|May 13, 2016||4:00 PM|
|Notification of Awards (Estimated)||May 31, 2016 (estimated)|
|Estimated Grant Start Date||July 1, 2016|
Application Submission Information:
In accordance with the submission requirements all required documents listed below must be received at EEC’s Central Office by 4:00 PM on May 13, 2016. Grant applications will NOT be accepted after 4:00 PM on May 13, 2016.
All of the following documents must be submitted:
All of the following documents must be submitted via email and hardcopy to:
- Email: EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us
- Hardcopy One (1) original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and three (3) copies:
Department of Early Education and Care
FY 2017 Assessment Grant
Attention: Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
Required Submission Documents:
- Completed FY2017 Assessment Budget Workbook - Excel workbook, which includes the following worksheets:
- Cover Sheet
- Program Contacts
- Fund Use Descriptions
- Allocation of Funds
- Budget Detail
- Budget Narrative
- Amendment Tab - to be used in future amendments
- Narrative Questions Form (Word Document)
- Projected Deliverables Form (Excel Workbook)
- Lead Agency Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if applicable)
- Subcontractor Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if applicable)
- MA Standard Administrative Forms
- A signed Commonwealth Terms & Conditions form
- W-9 with DUNS #
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Federal Funding and Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Reporting Requirements
Grant Applications will be considered incomplete if all the sections of the hard copies and online copies are not received by the submission deadline. EEC will disqualify any incomplete competitive grant applications from consideration/review.
- Please note: If your application is selected for funding, EEC will e-mail a Standard Contract Form to the individual identified as the “Applicant Contact” in Part 1 of each response. This Form will need to be printed, signed (in blue ink), and returned to EEC prior to the Grant start date. Directions on how to submit the signed form to EEC will be explained with the form.