Grant Description & Purpose
The Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) is pleased to announce the FY 2017 QRIS Improvement Grant Application Request for Response (RFR). Through this competitive Grant Application, EEC will support programs’ upward progress through the Levels of the QRIS through the purchase of durable goods that will raise program quality.
Responses to this Grant Application (RFR) are due to EEC by 4:00 PM on May 4, 2017.
Eligible Applicants (REVISED INFORMATION)
This is a competitive grant open to all vendors that are able to demonstrate through the submission of a successful grant application that they are able to meet the priorities and required services as outlined in this grant application. Applicants must:
- Be an EEC-licensed or license-exempt/public school based program in Massachusetts. All licensed programs must have a license in good standing with EEC; and
- Be actively working toward the upper tiers of QRIS. Programs must have, at a minimum, a granted Level 2 with a Level 3 QRIS application (final submit, review in process, or review complete) in the Department of Early Education and Care’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Program Manager. Programs may find their QRIS status by accessing the QRIS Summary of Application Profile in their QRIS Program Manager. Eligible QRIS statuses include:
- Programs that are granted QRIS Level 2 with a Level 3 QRIS application (final submit, review in process, or review complete) by March 1, 2017.
- All programs granted QRIS Level 3. Statuses in this category include:
- Programs that are granted QRIS Level 3 with a Level 4 QRIS application (final submit, review in process, or review complete).
- Programs that are granted QRIS Level 3 and have not submitted a Level 4 QRIS application.
The FY 2017 QRIS Improvement Grant is an open competitive grant. Please refer to the FY 2017 QRIS Improvement Grant for required services, funding use and reporting requirements. Please go to COMMBUYS to review the QRIS Improvement Grant Application.
COMMBUYS Grant Information
Get Notified When Grants are Posted in COMMBUYS
A recent enhancement to COMMBUYS, the State's procurement system, enables registered organizations to receive email notifications of Grants* posted in the COMMBUYS Market Center.
To automatically receive these notifications, organizations need to establish a Vendor Profile in COMMBUYS - an action that takes a few minutes to complete and has no associated cost - and select the UNSPSC commodity code assigned to Grants (00-00-00).**
For Internet Explorer (IE) users, version 10 and under, changes may be needed to the browser setting. If you are unable to access COMMBUYS using IE, implement the following setting change:
- Select Tools from the browser Toolbar, and choose Internet Options;
- From the Advanced tab, scroll down toward the bottom and select Use TLS 1.2;
- Click OK.
If you have questions, please contact the COMMBUYS Help Desk at 1-888-627-8283 or COMMBUYS@state.ma.us.
To establish a Vendor Profile in COMMBUYS:
- Go to www.COMMBUYS.com and click the "Register" link;
- Be prepared to provide the name, address, email, and Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) for your organization;
- Use the UNSPSC commodity code for Grants (00-00-00) when establishing your Vendor Profile;
- Reference our Registration Resources for assistance:
Find Grant Opportunities in COMMBUYS
Using the public search in COMMBUYS:
- Select Contract & Bid Search;
- Under Advanced Search, select Bids;
- Search "00-00 - Grant Opportunity" in the UNSPSC Segment-Family search field.*
Reference OSD's Locate a Grant in COMMBUYS job aid for additional guidance.
Please note: Applicants will be required to be specify an Administrator as part of the registration process. COMMBUYS will confirm that the Tax ID entered does not already exist in the system. If the Tax ID is already in use, you will need to follow-up within your own agency to a obtain access to COMMBUYS. More detailed instructions are provided in the job aid if this applies to your agency.
Access our COMMBUYS job aid to Locate a Grant Posting and Create a Response.
*All state agencies are subject to 815 CMR 2.00, State Grants, Federal Grant Awards, Federal Subgrants, and Subsidies, as well as the Office of the Comptroller's policy on State Grants, Federal Sub-Grants and Subsidies, Departments must use COMMBUYS to publicly post the availability of a discretionary Grant or Grant Program and publish the results of grantee selections. Use of COMMBUYS to receive electronic quotes for grant opportunities is optional; however, state agencies are encouraged to require grantees to register and submit quotes (applications) through COMMBUYS, which provides a central repository for receipt of electronic applications. As more grantees use COMMBUYS to identify grant opportunities, they will have a single location to apply for grants from multiple state agencies, resulting in efficiencies for both the grantees and the state agencies.
**This United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) is specific to Massachusetts and COMMBUYS, so no information about the code will be available on UNSPSC websites. As this is a new feature, interested organizations also may wish to conduct additional searches to find Grants prior to this enhancement. Using the Advanced Search feature, enter the word "Grant" in the Bid Description field, or narrow searches by selecting specific agencies from the Organization drop-down menu.
|Grant Application Release/Posting|
March 31, 2017
Link to Register: Registration
April 10, 2017
9:30 – 11:00 AM
Submission of Written Inquiries
Applicants must submit written inquiries to:
April 12, 2017
|Response to Written Inquiries (Estimated)|
April 18, 2017
|Deadline to Request QRIS Status|
April 19, 2017
|Intent to Bid via Survey Monkey (Required)|
April 20, 2017
|Submission Deadline for Bid Responses|
May 4, 2017
|Notification of Awards (Estimated)|
May 24, 2017
|Grant Start Date (Estimated)|
May 24, 2017
|Grant Completed and Durable Goods Delivered|
June 30, 2017
Application Submission Information
- Any and all questions regarding this Grant Application must be submitted in writing to EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us by April 12, 2017 by 4:00 PM with the Grant Application Title/Fund Code in the subject line.
- EEC expects to post responses to written questions on or around April 18, 2017.
To complete and submit the online portion of the grant application, please register with COMMBUYS at www.commbuys.com and view the Grant Application where the link to the Online Application is located.
Grant Applications will be considered incomplete if all the sections of the hard copies and online copies are not received by the submission deadline.
EEC will disqualify any incomplete or late grant applications from consideration/review.