Grant Description & Purpose
Through this competitive Grant Application, EEC may award grants to one or more vendor(s) who will provide professional development opportunities and services which support adults to gain knowledge and skills which they can apply to practice through completion of multiple opportunities. These professional development opportunities must be aligned with the MA Quality Rating and Improvement System. The target audience of this intervention is programs and the workforce that provide the early education and out of school time three core areas: educator and provider pathways, coaching and mentoring in support of matriculation or competency development, and competency development.
Through intentional professional development, EEC intends to focus its resources:
- to support educators in attaining degrees and/or otherwise developing competency, and
- to support providers in achieving/maintaining accreditation, meeting QRIS standards, and upward progress on the QRIS system.
Responses to this Grant Application (RFR) are due to EEC by 4:00 PM on May 6, 2013. Please see the Grant Application (RFR) for a timeline of additional dates relevant to responding to this Grant Application (RFR).
This is a competitive grant that is open to all vendors that are able to demonstrate through the submission of a successful grant application that they are able to meet the priorities and required services as outlined in this Request for Responses (RFR). EEC expects to award funds to a vendor or vendors providing the best value to the Commonwealth with the goal of identifying a vendor or vendors capable of providing educator and provider support services across all EEC regions, cities, towns and communities. Vendors may apply to cover the entire Commonwealth, specific region or regions, and /or geographic area(s) that cover specific cities, towns and communities thereof. See Appendix D for a list of cities and towns in each EEC region.
|1. Grant Application Release/Posting:||March 25, 2013|
2. Submission of Intent to Bid:
Email Intent to Bid to
|April 1, 2013||4:00 PM|
3. Bidder’s conference:
Location: EEC-Central Regional Office
10 Austin Street, Worcester, MA 01609
|April 2, 2013|
Submission of Written Inquiries:
Applicants must submit written inquiries to EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us
|April 4, 2013||4:00 PM|
Response to Written Inquiries:
|April 11, 2013 (estimated)|
Applicants must submit proposals to EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us
|May 6, 2013||4:00 PM|
EEC must be in receipt of
One (1) original and three (3) copies of required grant application documents (hard copy)
|May 6, 2013||4:00 PM|
|Preliminary Notification of Grantees:|
June 3, 2013
|Bidders are Notified of Awards:||June 19, 2013 (estimated)|
|Grant Start Date:||July 1, 2013 (estimated)|
To apply for this grant click here:
EPS Bidders Conference 4-2-2013 file size 1MB
Application Submission Information
In accordance with the submission requirements detailed below, all required documents, including the online application, budget workbook, narrative questions, attachments, and fiscal forms must be received at EEC’s Central Office by 4:00 PM on May 6, 2013.
Section A: Online Application
The online portion of the grant application includes the following information that must be submitted online, printed and submitted as part of the application by mail with 1 original and 3 copies.
1) Program Contacts
2) Communities Served
3) Languages Spoken
Section B. All of the following documents below must be submitted:
- by mail with one (1) original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and three (3) copies,
- Checklist for Grant Application Updated: April 1, 2013
- Signed Cover Page
- Budget Workbook
- FY2014 Narrative Questions (Section 1 & 2)(Updated 4_23_2013)
- FY2014 Projected Deliverables Form
- Copy of Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if you are claiming Indirect Cost)
- FY2014 Partnership Membership Form
- FY2014 Professional Development Course Catalogue
Required Electronic Submissions:
Submit documents via email as an attachment to EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us. Please include name of grant and name of your agency on the subject line of the email. Example: FY14 EPS, Boston Social Services.
Applicants must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their Grant Application response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth of MA)
MA Standard Administrative Forms
- A signed Commonwealth Terms Conditions form
- W-9 with DUNS
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Supplier Diversity Program Plan Form (If the Grant is competitive and involves distributing more than $150,000 in funds.)
- Federal Funding and Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Reporting Requirements
Department of Early Education and Care
FY 2014 Educator and Provider Support Grant, Agency Name, Program Name
Attention: Michele Smith, Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be filled out by the Respondent or included in any response submitted.
- Appendix A: Budget Workbook Instructions file size 1MB
- Appendix A-1: Online Application Instructions
- Appendix B: Evaluation and Rating Criteria
- Appendix C: Grant Payment Terms, Grant Expenditures, Termination, Recoupment of Funds, and Relevant Law
- Appendix D: List of Towns and Cities in each EEC Region
- Appendix E: Number of Licensed Programs by Town and Region
- Appendix F: Allocation of Funding by EEC Region
- Appendix G: QRIS Standards and Core Competency Areas
- Appendix H: Qualifications for Consultants, Trainers, and Mentors
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.