The FY14 UPK Open Competitive Grants are still being reviewed. Please continue to check the EEC Website and Comm-PASS for the award postings.
FY14 UPK Open Competitive Grant Awards (Update 3/18/2014)
Purpose of Grant
Through this Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) Open Competitive Grant Application, EEC may award grants to new UPK programs who will support and enhance the quality of services for children in UPK classrooms, especially for “high needs children,” as well as promote school readiness and positive outcomes for children participating in UPK classrooms and homes.
Only preschool programs and/or family child care homes that are not currently participating in UPK are eligible to apply for this grant.
In order to be eligible for the UPK open competitive grant, designated classrooms and/or family child care homes must meet all 12 of the criteria outlined in the Grant Application.
|Grant Application Release/Posting:||November 21, 2013|
Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Avenue, Holyoke MA 01040
Kittredge Building - Room 303
|December 4, 2013||9:30-11:30 AM|
EEC-Central Regional Office
10 Austin Street, Worcester, MA 01609
|December 4, 2013||1:30-3:30 PM|
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
|December 6, 2013||9:00-11:30 AM|
EEC-Southeast & Cape Regional Office
1 Washington Street, Suite 20, Taunton, MA 02780
|December 6, 2013||1:30-3:30 PM|
Submission of Intent to Bid:
Email Intent to Bid to
|December 9, 2013||4:00 PM|
Submission of Written Inquiries:
Applicants must submit written inquiries to EECSubmission@MassMail.State.MA.US
|December 9, 2013||4:00 PM|
Response to Written Inquiries:
|December 16, 2013 (estimated)|
Applicants must submit proposals to EECSubmission@MassMail.State.MA.US
|January 7, 2014||4:00 PM|
|Bidders are Notified of Awards:||January 31, 2014 (estimated)|
|Grant Start Date:||February 2, 2014 (estimated)|
To apply for this grant click here:
Application Submission Information
In accordance with the submission requirements detailed below, all required documents, including the online application, budget workbook, narrative questions, attachments, and fiscal forms must be received at EEC’s Central Office by 4:00 PM on January 7, 2014.
Section A: Online Application
To complete and submit the online portion of the grant application, please click the following link: http://www.eec.state.ma.us/GrantUPKCom/default.aspx
The online portion of the grant application includes the following information that must be submitted online, printed and submitted as part of the application by mail with 1 original and 3 copies.
- UPK Eligibility Requirement Questions
- Agency Information
- Program Information
- Enrollment Information
- Assessment Information
- High Needs Children Summary Form
- Languages Spoken
- Communities Served
Section B. All of the following documents below must be submitted:
- by mail with one (1) original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and three (3) copies,
- FY2014 UPK Open Competitive Checklist
- FY2014 UPK Open Competitive Signed Cover Page
- FY2014 UPK Open Competitive Budget Workbook
- FY2014 UPK Open Competitive Narrative Questions
- FY2014 UPK Open Competitive Projected Deliverables Form
- Copy of Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if you are claiming Indirect Cost)
Required Electronic Submissions:
Submit documents via email as an attachment to EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us. Please include name of grant and name of your agency on the subject line of the email. Example: FY14 UPK Open Competitive, Boston Social Services.
Applicants must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their Grant Application response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth of MA)
MA Standard Administrative Forms
- A Signed Commonwealth Terms and Conditions Form
- W-9 with DUNS #
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Federal Funding and Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Reporting Requirements
Department of Early Education and Care
FY 2014 Universal Pre-Kindergarten Open Competitive Grant, Agency Name, Program Name
Attention: Michele Smith, Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be filled out by the Respondent or included in any response submitted.
- Appendix A: UPK Open Competitive Budget Workbook Instructions file size 2MB
- Appendix B: UPK Open Competitive Online Application Instructions file size 1MB
- Appendix C: Grant Payment Terms, Grant Expenditures, Termination, Recoupment of Funds, and Relevant Law
- Appendix D: List of Towns and Cities in each EEC Region
- Appendix E: PreK-3rd Grade: A Comprehensive Approach PowerPoint Presentation file size 5MB
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.