FY 2015 Head Start Budget Amendment
The deadline to submit a FY 2015 Head Start Budget Amendment is Thursday, October 23, 2014.
The following documents are for reference only and should be used as guidance to complete a Budget Amendment.
To complete and submit a Head Start Budget Amendment, please use the Online Application.
Purpose of Grant
Through this Grant Application, EEC may award grants to all current Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) programs seeking to renew their grants for fiscal year 2015 and fiscal year 2016. The Massachusetts Head Start State Supplemental Grant aims to support the development and creation of a system of early quality education and care. In this system, HS and EHS programs are key partners in supporting and enhancing the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) broader commitment to ensure that all children and families have access to the full array of Head Start services.
Only Head Start and Early Head Start agencies that received a Head Start State Supplemental Grant in FY 2014 are eligible to apply. Grantees must apply for funding using this application. All funding awards will be based on the quality and completeness of the grant application and will be reviewed in accordance with the required grant services. (See Appendix D: Eligibility Amounts)
Grant Application Release/Posting:
|February 25, 2014|
Location: EEC Central Office
10 Austin Street, Worcester, MA 01609
March 6, 2014
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Location: EEC Metro Boston Office
1250 Hancock St. Suite 120 S,
Quincy MA 02169
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Submission of Intent to Bid:
Email Intent to Bid to
|March 10, 2014||4:00 PM|
Submission of Written Inquiries:
Applicants must submit written inquiries to EECSubmission@MassMail.State.MA.US
|March 10, 2014||4:00 PM|
Response to Written Inquiries:
|March 17, 2014 (estimated)|
Applicants must submit proposals to EECSubmission@MassMail.State.MA.US
|April 11, 2014||4:00 PM|
Bidders are Notified of Awards:
|June 30, 2014 (estimated)|
Grant Start Date:
|July 1, 2014 (estimated)|
To apply for this grant click here:
Application Submission Information
EEC will accept, review, and process applications beginning March 24, 2014Grant applications will NOT be accepted after 4:00 p.m. on April 11, 2014.
To complete and submit the online portion of the grant application, please click the following link: http://www.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2015/HeadStartFY2015/
The online portion of the Grant Application includes the following information that must be submitted online and printed as a PDF document. Note: A PDF document is created once an Applicant has clicked the Submit button of the Online Application.
- Contact Information(Part 1)
- Communities Served (Part 2)
- Languages Spoken (Part 3)
- Lead Agency Budget (Part 4)
- Subcontractor Budget (Part 5)
- FY2015 Budget Summary (Part 6a)
- FY2016 Proposed Budget Summary (Part 6b)
- Narrative Questions (Part 7)
(Note: as part of your response, you may elect to attach your program readiness goals).
- Projected Deliverables (Part 8)
- Required Grant Forms (Part 9) (N/A for Head Start)
- Checklist (Part 10)
- Cover Page (Part 11)
Head Start Site Survey
An Applicant must complete and submit the Head Site Survey online in addition to the Online Grant Application. Please click the following link: http://www.eec.state.ma.us/GrantsOnlineFY2015/HeadStartFY2015/
MA Standard Administrative Forms
Grantees must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their Grant Application response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth of MA)
- A signed Commonwealth Terms and Conditions form
- W-9 with DUNS #
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Federal Funding and Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Reporting Requirements
EEC may disqualify any incomplete grant applications from consideration/review.
All of the following documents below must be submitted:
- by mail with one (1) original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and two (2) copies:
- The entire PDF document generated by the Online Application
- With original signature on the Cover Page (Part 11)
- Copy of Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if you are claiming Indirect Cost)
- The PDF document generated by the Head Start Site Survey
- MA Standard Administrative Forms (if applicable)
Department of Early Education and Care
FY2015/FY2016 Head Start State Supplemental Grant, Program Name
Attention: Elizabeth Bryant, Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
Required Electronic Notification of Submissions:
- Please send an email to EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us to notify us of your submission. Please include name of grant and name of your agency on the subject line of the email. Example: FY2015/FY2016 Head Start State Supplemental Grant, XYZ Head Start.
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be filled out by the Respondent or included in any response submitted.
- Appendix A: Online Application Instructions file size 4MB
- Appendix B: Head Start Budget Guidelines
- Appendix C: Grant Payment Terms, Grant Expenditures, Termination, Recoupment of Funds, and Relevant Law
- Appendix D: FY2015 Head Start State Supplemental Eligibility Amounts
- Appendix E: List of Towns and Cities in each EEC Region
- Appendix F-1: Demographic Information Regarding Cities and Towns in Massachusetts (Updated 3/20/2014)
- Appendix F-2: Demographic Information Regarding Cities and Towns in Massachusetts
- Appendix G: Supplemental Information for FY2015/FY2016 Head Start Grant
- Appendix H: Head Start State Funded Children
- Appendix I: QRIS Standards and Core Competency Areas
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.