Grant Description & Purpose
In an effort to provide an opportunity for eligible grantees that have NOT yet submitted their applications by the initial deadline, June 19, 2012, the FY2013 Inclusive Preschool Learning Environments Grant (IPLE) is being re-issued. The application due date is being extended from June 19, 2012 to October 16, 2012. Beyond the deadline, October 16, 2012, we will not be able to honor any applications and will forfeit these funds.
The Inclusive Preschool Learning Environments Grant (IPLE), formerly known as Chapter 188/Phase I Direct Services of Community Partnership for Children Grant (CPC). This grant allows lead agencies to serve preschoolers with disabilities in high-quality inclusive settings with their typically developing same-aged peers. Fund Code 391 was formerly released as part of the Early Childhood Special Education Consolidated Grants Renewal package. In FY13 Fund Code 391 and Fund Code 262 are being issued in as separate grants applications (RFRs)
If an eligible applicant (check Appendix C for eligibility status) has not already submitted an application, please read the following information carefully.
Responses to this Grant Application (RFR) are due to EEC by 4:00 PM on October 16, 2012. Please see the Grant Application (RFR) for a timeline of additional dates relevant to responding to this Grant Application(RFR).
Vendors who received grants awards through the FY2012 Inclusive Preschool Learning Environments Grant (Fund Code 391-A) that continue to meet the definition of Inclusive Preschool Learning Environments are eligible to apply for these renewal funds.
|Grant Application (RFR) Release/Posting:||September 28, 2012 - 4:00 PM|
|Submission of Written Inquiries||October 4, 2012 - 4:00 PM|
|Applicants must submit written inquiries to||Procurement2@massmail.state.ma.us.|
|Response to Written Inquiries:||October 5, 2012 - 4:00 PM|
|Submission Deadline:||October 16, 2012 - 4:00 PM|
|Applicants must submit proposals to||Procurement2@massmail.state.ma.us|
|Follow-up:||October 17 – October 19, 2012|
|Grantees Submit Final Documentation:||October 22, 2012- 4:00 PM|
|Bidders are Notified of Awards:||On or near October 29, 2012|
|Grant Start Date:||November 1, 2012|
To apply for this grant click here:
Application Submission Information
All required documents, including electronic workbook, proposal narrative, attachments, and fiscal forms must be received at EEC’s Central Office by 4:00 PM on October 16, 2012.
To be submitted electronically:
The Required Forms below must be submitted via email as an attachment to Procurement2@massmail.state.ma.us. Please include the name of your agency and name of grant as the subject line of the email.
To be mailed to:
The Required forms below must be submitted by mail with one original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and one copy of these documents.
- Checklist for Grant Application
- Signed Cover Sheet (may be a scanned signed original, PDF)
- Proposal Narrative
- FY13 IPLE Budget Workbook file size 1MB
a) Front Page
b) Fund Allocation and Narrative
c) Signed Schedule A Form (if applicable)
d) Agency Contact Information Form
- Preschool Outreach, Selection and Enrollment Procedures and Policies (new)
- Preschool Rate Sheet or a Statement indicating that Preschool Fees are not collected
- QRIS School/Program Participation Form file size 2MB
Applicants must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their Grant Application response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth of MA)
MA Standard Administrative Forms
- A signed Commonwealth Terms and Conditions form
- W9 with DUNS
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Executive Order 504 Certification
Department of Early Education and Care
FY2013 Inclusive Preschool Learning Environments Grant (Fund Code 391-A)
Attention: Jessica Fix, Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be filled out by the Respondent or included in any response submitted.
Appendix A: FY2013 Instructions for IPLE Budget Workbook
Appendix B: FY2013 Evaluation and Rating Criteria
Appendix E: IPLE Resources
- PK-3rd Grade Alignment Presentation http://www.mass.gov/edu/government/departments-and-boards/department-of-early-education-and-care/head-start-and-public-schools-community-meetings.html
- QRIS Resources for Programs - http://www.mass.gov/edu/birth-grade-12/early-education-and-care/qris/qris-resources-for-programs.html
- Curriculum, Learning, and Assessment Resources http://www.mass.gov/edu/birth-grade-12/early-education-and-care/curriculum-and-learning