Grant Description & Purpose
The Massachusetts Head Start State Supplemental Renewal Grant aims to support the development and creation of a system of early quality education and care. In this system, Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) programs are key partners in supporting and enhancing the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) broader commitment to ensure that all children and families have access to the full array of Head Start services. Through this Request for Proposals, EEC aims to continue to support Head Start and Early Head Start in providing quality education and comprehensive services statewide.
Vendors who received grants awards through the statewide FY2013 Head Start State Supplemental Renewal Grant are eligible to apply for these funds.
Responses to this Grant Renewal Application (RFR) are due to EEC by 4:00 PM on May 30, 2013. Please see the Grant Renewal Application (RFR) for a timeline of additional dates relevant to responding to this Grant Renewal Application (RFR).
|Grant Application Release/Posting:||April 24, 2013|
Submission of Intent to Renew:
Email Intent to Renew to
|April 26, 2013||4:00 PM|
Location: 51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210
|April 30, 2013||10:00 AM – 12:30 PM|
EEC-Central Regional Office
10 Austin Street, Worcester, MA 01609
|May 9, 2013||10:00 AM – 12:30 PM|
Submission of Written Inquiries:
Applicants must submit written inquiries to
|May 10, 2013||4:00 PM|
Response to Written Inquiries:
|May 14, 2013 (estimated)|
Applicants must submit renewal applications to
May 15, 2013 through
May 30, 2013
|Follow-up||June 17-21, 2013 (estimated)|
|Preliminary Notification of Grantees:|
June 24, 2013
|Grantees are Notified of Renewal Awards:||June 28, 2013 (estimated)|
|Grant Start Date:||July 1, 2013 (estimated)|
FY2014 Head Start Supplemental Renewal Conference file size 2MB
To apply for this grant click here:
Application Submission Information
In accordance with the submission requirements detailed below, all required documents, including the online application, budget workbook, narrative questions, attachments, and fiscal forms must be received at EEC’s Central Office by 4:00 PM on May 30, 2013.
Section A: Online Application
The online portion of the grant application includes the following information that must be submitted online, printed and submitted as part of the application by mail with 1 original and 2 copies.
1) Program Contacts
2) Communities Served
3) Languages Spoken
Section B. All of the following documents below must be submitted:
- by mail with one (1) original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and two (2) copies,
- Checklist for Grant Renewal Application
- Signed Cover Page
- Budget Workbook (Updated 5/16/2013)
- FY14 Proposal Narrative Questions
- Copy of Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if you are claiming Indirect Cost)
- FY2014 Projected Deliverables Form and
- Head Start Site Survey (Includes Center Based, Family Child Care, and Home-Based Programs) . Please, make sure to review and provide updated data for FY2014. Download the file and save it to your computer. (i.e. FY14headstartsitesurveynameofyourleadagency)
To complete and submit the online Head Start Site Survey
Required Electronic Submissions:
Submit documents via email as an attachment to EECSubmission@MassMail.State.MA.US. Please include name of grant and name of your agency on the subject line of the email. Example: FY2014 HS, Boston Social Services.
Renewal grantees must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their Grant Renewal Application response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth of MA)
MA Standard Administrative Forms
- A signed Commonwealth Terms and Conditions form
- W-9 with DUNS #
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Supplier Diversity Program Plan Form (If the Grant is competitive and involves distributing more than $150,000 in funds.)
- Federal Funding and Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Reporting Requirements
Department of Early Education and Care
FY 2014 Head Start Supplemental Renewal Grant, Agency Name, Program Name
Attention: Jessica Fix, Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be completed or included in any response submitted.
- Appendix A: Budget Workbook Instructions file size 1MB (Updated 4/25/2013)
- Appendix B: Online Application Instructions
- Appendix C: Grant Payment Terms, Grant Expenditures, Termination, Recoupment of Funds, and Relevant Law
- Appendix D: Eligibility Amounts
- Appendix E: Head Start State Funded Children
- Appendix F: QRIS Standards and Core Competency Areas
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.