Purpose of Grant and Eligibility Requirements
Through this renewal Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) Grant Application, EEC may award grants to existing UPK programs who will support and enhance the quality of services for children in UPK classrooms, especially for “high needs children,” as well as promote school readiness and positive outcomes for children participating in UPK classrooms and homes.
Responses to this Grant Application (RFR) are due to EEC by 4:00 PM on June 7, 2013. Please see the Grant Application (RFR) for a timeline of additional dates relevant to responding to this Grant Application (RFR).
|Grant Application Release/Posting:||May 13, 2013|
Submission of Intent to Renew:
Email Intent to Renew to
|May 15, 2013||4:00 PM|
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
|May 15, 2013||9:00-11:30 AM|
Location: EEC- Metro Boston Office
1250 Hancock Street, Suite120-S, Quincy, MA 02780
|May 15, 2013||1:30-4:00 PM|
EEC-Western Regional Office
95 Liberty Street, Springfield, MA 01103
|May 16, 2013||9:00-11:30 AM|
EEC-Central Regional Office
10 Austin Street, Worcester, MA 01609
|May 16, 2013||1:30-4:00 PM|
Submission of Written Inquiries:
Applicants must submit written inquiries to EECSubmission@MassMail.State.MA.US
|May 17, 2013||4:00 PM|
Response to Written Inquiries:
|May 24, 2013 (estimated)|
Applicants must submit proposals to EECSubmission@MassMail.State.MA.US
|June 7, 2013||4:00 PM|
|Bidders are Notified of Awards:||June 26, 2013 (estimated)|
FY2014 UPK Update #1 (5-24-2013)
FY2014 UPK Question and Answers (5-24-2013)
FY2014 UPK Renewal Conference file size 1MB (5-17-2013)
To apply for this grant click here: FY2014 Universal Pre-Kindergarten Renewal Grant
Application Submission Information
In accordance with the submission requirements detailed below, all required documents, including the online application, budget workbook, narrative questions, attachments, and fiscal forms must be received at EEC’s Central Office by 4:00 PM on June 7, 2013.
Section A: Online Application
To complete and submit the online portion of the grant application, please click the following link: http://www.eec.state.ma.us/GrantUPK/
The online portion of the grant application includes the following information that must be submitted online, printed and submitted as part of the application by mail with 1 original and 2 copies.
- Program Contacts
- Program Information
- Enrollment Information
- Assessment Information
- High Needs Children Summary Form
- Languages Spoken
- Communities Served
Section B. All of the following documents below must be submitted:
- by mail with one (1) original (all signatures must be in blue ink) and two (2) copies,
- Checklist for Grant Application
- Signed Cover Page
- Budget Workbook (5-24-2013)
- FY2014 Narrative Questions
- FY2014 Projected Deliverables Form (5-29-2013)
- Copy of Indirect Cost Approval Letter (if you are claiming Indirect Cost)
Required Electronic Submissions:
Submit documents via email as an attachment to EECSubmission@massmail.state.ma.us. Please include name of grant and name of your agency on the subject line of the email. Example: FY14 UPK, Boston Social Services.
Applicants must also complete and mail one original packet of the following forms with their Grant Application response (unless applicant already has these documents on file with the Commonwealth of MA)
MA Standard Administrative Forms
- A signed Commonwealth Terms and Conditions form
- W-9 with DUNS #
- Contractor Authorized Signatory Listing
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Payment (EFT) Form
- Supplier Diversity Program Plan Form (If the Grant is competitive and involves distributing more than $150,000 in funds.)
- Federal Funding and Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Reporting Requirements
Department of Early Education and Care
FY 2014 Universal Pre-Kindergarten, Agency Name, Program Name
Attention: Michele Smith, Grants Administration
51 Sleeper Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02210
The following Appendices are for reference only; they do NOT need to be filled out by the Respondent or included in any response submitted.
- Appendix A: Budget Workbook Instructions file size 1MB
- Appendix B: Online Application Instructions file size 1MB
- Appendix C: Grant Payment Terms, Grant Expenditures, Termination, Recoupment of Funds, and Relevant Law
- Appendix D: List of Towns and Cities in each EEC Region
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.