There are five main goals of the CFCE program:
- Increase knowledge of and accessibility to high-quality early education and care programs and services for families with children prenatal through school-age.
- Promote parent education, family engagement and early literacy.
- Facilitate collaboration and community planning between local early education and care partners and other community stake holders, including parents.
- Provide support and information to families with children transitioning between and among early education and care settings, home and school, and
- Support early education and care programs across the public and private sectors in delivering high-quality services.
Through direct services and/or referrals, local CFCE programs provide a variety of services, which include:
Providing families access to:
- child development information;
- transition information and supports;
- assistance with meeting basic needs;
- timely support in periods of family crisis;
- high quality, specific and up-to-date information and referrals.
- family literacy and school readiness activities;
- family and community events;
- parent leadership opportunities; and
- information about early education and care opportunities and other community resources that support parents in their role as their child's first teacher.
Providing the early education and care community with:
- support in identifying program quality needs and accessing training and other professional development opportunities;
- opportunities to share best practices and coordinate resources, and
- linkages to technical assistance and local resources to assist them in meeting quality standards
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.