Teen Parent Child Care Subsidy

Teen parents may apply for Teen Parent Child Care services (TPCC) at a TPCC contracted child care site, or through their local child care resource and referral agency (CCR&R).

Parents who apply for TPCC services at their local CCR&R will first be referred to an EEC contracted Teen Parent Child Care provider who appears to have openings. When there is a TPCC contracted slot available the TPCC provider will assess the parent's eligibility, explain program participation requirements, complete the Child Care Application and Fee Agreement, and arrange to enroll the child in care in accordance with EEC teen parent enrollment priorities. When no contracted TPCC slot is available, the CCR&R will complete the application process and issue a voucher for TPCC child care, if the teen is voucher-eligible and the provider has licensed capacity. 1 ( See Policies P-EEC-TPCC-04, Eligibility; P-EEC-TPCC-06, Enrollment: Priorities; P-EEC-TPCC -09, Participation Requirements.)

A Child Care Application and Fee Agreement (CCAFA) must be completed for each family who requests subsidized child care, including teen parents. The Child Care Application and Fee Agreement serves several purposes:

  • To identify and verify the financial and service need eligibility of parents at initial application and reassessment.
  • To determine family size and record gross monthly income (or compute adjusted gross monthly income, under certain limited conditions).
  • To develop a database of the parent population for reporting requirements.
  • To provide evidence of continuity priority if the child is a sibling of a child currently enrolled, or if the family changes geographic location or leaves care for less than three months.

A new Child Care Application and Fee Agreement must be completed and signed by the teen parent at least every six months and whenever there is a substantive change in the information contained in the agreement.

1 Teen parents participating in high school or teen parents under 18 who are enrolled in a GED program who cannot be served by a TPCC program will be issued an income eligible voucher immediately, in accordance with Income Eligible Child Care policy.

Information provided by the Department of Early Education and Care . Created: March 18, 2003 Last Reviewed: April 4, 2003