Teen Parent Child Care Subsidy Policy Statement
Number: P-EEC- TPCC-15
The Teen Parent Child Care Subsidy should be terminated when
- the child no longer meets the age requirements of the program or
- the parent no longer meets the age, income, service need, participation, or attendance requirements as defined in EEC policy.
(See policies P-EEC-TPCC-04, Eligibility, P-EEC-TPCC-09, Participation Requirements, and P-EEC-TPCC-10, Attendance.)
In addition, the TPCC subsidy shall be terminated:
- within one month of a teen turning 20, if the teen is working or in a GED program
- at the end of the semester during which the teen turns 20, if in college or a training program; or
- on September 1st following the teen's 20th birthday, if in high school
Parents who no longer meet eligibility requirements must be given the Advance Notice of Termination and Request for Review forms by the Teen Parent Child Care program at least two weeks before the proposed end date of subsidized care.
Teen parents must notify the TPCC program when their child will be absent from care for an extended period due to illness, visits with a non-custodial parent or a temporary break in the parent's employment. If the parent does not notify the TPCC program in advance, the TPCC program must issue the teen a two week Advance Notice of Termination.
At the conclusion of the two weeks' notice, if there is no documented explanation for the absence and verification of continued eligibility, services shall be terminated. If the child's absence from care is twelve or fewer weeks' duration, the child may be prioritized for enrollment at a later date in accordance with EEC policies regarding enrollment and continuity of care priorities. (See Policy P-EEC-TPCC-06, Child Care Enrollment Priorities.)
TPCC Programs shall monitor teen parents' service need activity and participation on an ongoing basis, and reassess income eligibility every six months. TPCC programs must also plan for transitioning to other subsidy programs as applicable whenever a teen is terminated (See Policy P-EEC-TPCC-14, Transition Planning.)
Information provided by the Department of Early Education and Care . Created: March 18, 2003; Last reviewed: April 3, 2003.