Technical Assistance brochure designed for caregivers and educators on best practices for feeding breast milk or formula to babies
- Ask anyone and they will tell you that helping children develop self-control is an enormous challenge and responsibility. Effective Child Guidance practices help children to form strong relationships with others. Positive relationships between adults and children are key to a child's social and emotional development.
- Answers to frequently asked questions that may help clarify acceptable child guidance practices in licensed child care programs.
- Developing a child guidance policy for school-age child care.
- High quality out-of-school time programs promote school-age children's emotional and social development as well as their academic achievement. School-age children who attend high-quality out-of-school time programs have better peer relationships, emotional adjustment, and conduct in school. To have this desired effect on children's lives, school-age programs must have thoughtful, consistent, positive approaches to child guidance that are appropriate to the age and individual needs of children.
- Basic information about the development of children and techniques on how to guide them appropriately.
- The design and layout of the physical environment; including interior finishes, outdoor spaces, selection of equipment, and room arrangement; have a profound impact on children's learning and behavior and on caregivers' ability to do their job.
- Technical Assistance paper to assist child care programs in developing training for their staff/educators in USDA nutrition requirements
- The intent of this plan is to assist the staff in responding to emergency situations, provide information to family members concerning emergency planning, and provide a basis for restoration of services.
- The purpose of this guide is to assist child care providers in the continued development, and updating of their programs health care policies. Twelve sample health care polices are included in this guide, these samples are tied to the EEC licensing regulation requirements which programs must submit to their licensor for approval.
Technical Assistance Paper that provides guidance to programs in developing their Parent Handbook, detailing both required and suggested information that may or should be included.
Informational brochure for parents and providers on how to prevent choking. The brochure includes foods to avoid, how to make food safer, items that young children should never play with, plus other steps caregivers can take to keep children safe.
Technical Assistance statement identifying events and circumstances requiring childcare programs to notify EEC.
- Technical Assistance paper to assist programs in identifying the information and documents that must be visibly posted at the childcare facility.
Technical Assistance Paper that provides guidance to programs in developing their Staff Handbook, detailing both required and suggested information that may or should be included.
- School age child care programs are responsible for monitoring and supervising the ongoing activity of each child. School age child care programs must designate the specific rooms, spaces, or areas that are used by the program and equip the rooms appropriately for school age children. Activity plans shall foster the development of independence and responsibility in children as they grow older by encouraging opportunities for decision-making, choices and independent time.
- All of the situations which any parent or caregiver might occasionally have to address are multiplied when large numbers of unrelated children are brought together for care. You must be able to deal thoughtfully and quickly with every problem that arises, no matter how rare. Dealing well with illness, injuries and emergencies requires planning, preparation, and careful documentation.