MA QRIS Revisions Overview
Página en Español: Resumen de las Revisiones del MA QRIS
EEC is in the process of revising the Massachusetts Quality Rating and Improvement (MA QRIS) standards. On June 13, 2017, EEC’s Board voted to send a revised draft of the standards forward for a 100 day period of public comment. EEC needs your input through November 2017 to help revise the MA QRIS standards.
Please keep in mind that much of the detail, including how EEC will verify applications, will be developed after the standards, criteria, and indicators are finalized. These 100 days are intended to finalize the standards that best serve our children and families.
As the next generation of MA QRIS develops, EEC will be working on interim changes to the current MA QRIS to fix some areas that the validation study found to be particularly burdensome for programs. Please visit this webpage often to stay updated on these changes.
Please click here to watch an interactive presentation called “Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Revisions Overview” to learn more about the MA QRIS standards revisions process.
MA QRIS Revisions Webinar
On Friday, October 20, 2017, EEC hosted a webinar to provide a broad overview of the standards revision process, share EEC’s guiding principles for the revisions, and explain the changes from the current standards to the draft revised standards. You may view a recording of the webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/6547228191324706050.
Ways to Provide Your Comments
Please click on the link below to take an online survey to provide your feedback on the proposed changes to the MA QRIS. Staff who work with more than one program type can take the survey multiple times.
The survey will close on November 22, 2017.
Resources to Inform You about Proposed Changes to MA QRIS
Many of these resources will be available in Spanish. EEC encourages you to visit this website often as we add content to support you during these 100 days.
- Draft of Revised Standards
- QRIS At a Glance This is a guiding document that explains MA QRIS’s history, the goals of the revisions, and a brief summary of proposed changes.
- Evidence-Based Rationale. These documents provide the research basis that supports the MA QRIS standards, criteria, and indicators.
Things to Keep in Mind during the MA QRIS Revision Process
As the MA QRIS develops, EEC encourages you to:
- Stay engaged in continuous quality improvement, rather than waiting for the revisions to take effect. (Please note that your program’s current MA QRIS rating will be maintained once QRIS revisions are implemented.)
- Reach out to the Program Quality Unit staff with any questions about the QRIS. You can find your Program Quality Specialist (PQS) on EEC’s website.
- Keep in mind that the MA QRIS will continue to evolve over time. EEC expects to refine and revise the MA QRIS to reflect best practices and current research in the field of early childhood education on a periodic basis.
- Understand that MA QRIS revisions will be supported by updated information technology (IT) applications, such as a user-friendly QRIS Program Manager. EEC will not launch a new system without the IT to support it.
If you have any questions about the MA QRIS Revisions process, or would like to give general feedback to EEC about the revisions, please contact Amy Whitehead-Pleaux, Program Quality Supervisor, at email@example.com.