- Educators are supported to increase competency and earn a degree, certificate, or credential in early childhood education or a related field.
- Educators have access to the resources and supports (coaching and mentoring) to set and achieve professional and academic goals.
- Providers (programs) receive supports and resources to achieve and maintain accreditation.
- Providers (programs) are supported in upward movement on EEC's Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
- Educators and Providers (programs) are working on specific activities based on individualized professional development plans to achieve one of the grant's goals.
- Educator and Provider (program) Planning: To help educators and providers (programs) create and implement individualized pathways and plans that include an assessment of knowledge, skills, and abilities (competency) and are reflective of the educator's experience, expertise, and individual career and academic goals.
- Coaching and Mentoring: To provide the necessary support services including individual career and academic advising to help educators and providers (programs) make informed and appropriate educational choices that advance professional growth.
- Competency Development: To support the attainment of knowledge, skills, and abilities through qualified professional development that addresses theory to practice, utilizes reflection, and is individualized to meet educator and provider (program) needs.
Each partnership is responsible for providing professional development support services such as coaching and mentoring)and opportunities to early education and care and out of school time educators and providers (programs) in Massachusetts. All professional development opportunities are included on EEC's Online Professional Development Calendar and the FY2014 Educator and Provider Support Grantees Professional Development Course Catalogue .
All educators must be included in the Professional Qualifications Registry (PQR) and provide EPS leads and/or partnership members with their PQR ID number to participate in professional development supported by the EPS grant. To register go to EEC's Professional Qualifications Registry.
The Educator and Provider Support Grant was awarded to professional development partnerships across the Commonwealth. Below is the lead agency for each EEC region. For more information on the EPS grant and professional development services such as career and academic advising and opportunities such as CEU and college courses please contact the appropriate entity below.
|Western MA: Region 1:|
Western Mass: Region 1 Partnership Members
Preschool Enrichment Team, Inc.
Contact: Carol Venancio: 413-736-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EEC Contact: Eric Lieberman, 413-881-1542 or Eric.Lieberman@massmail.state.ma.us
|Central MA: Region 2:|
Central Mass: Region 2 Partnership Members
Family Services of Central Massachusetts
Contact: Joanne Gravell: 508-757-1503 x211 or email@example.com
EEC Contact: Annette Lamana, 413-881-1523 or Annette.Lamana@massmail.state.ma.us
|Northeast MA: Region 3:|
Northeast Mass: Region 3 Partnership Members
North Shore Community College
Contact: Kathy Gallo: 781-593-6722 x6249 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EEC Contact: Katie DeVita, 617-988-7827 or Katie.DeVita@massmail.state.ma.us
|Southeast MA: Region 5:|
Southeast Mass: Region 5 Partnership Members
EEC Contact: Gail Perry, 508-967-3404 or Gail.Perry@massmail.state.ma.us
|Metro Boston: Region 6:|
Metro Boston: Region 6 Partnership Members
Contact: Carla Seymour: 617-348-6314 or email@example.com
EEC Contact: Chris Pond, 617-988-6625 or Chris.Pond@massmail.state.ma.us
Statewide Professional Development Profile (Updated 7/17/2013)
Information provided by the Department of Early Education and Care. Updated: July 1, 2013