Board of Early Education and Care Meeting
May 11, 2010
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
EEC Northeast Office
360 Merrimack Street, Building 9, Third Floor
Lawrence, MA 01843
- Welcome and Comments from the Chair
- Comments from the Secretary
- Comments from the Commissioner
- Statements from the Public*
- Approval of April 6, 2010 Board Minutes - Vote
- Approval of Fiscal Year 2011 Board Meeting Schedule - Discussion and Vote
- Board Committee Reports
- Policy and Fiscal
- Planning and Evaluation
- Advisory Council Report (April 9, 2010 Meeting)
Items for Discussion and Action:
Readiness Centers, Saeyun Lee, Executive Office of Education - Discussion
FY 2011 Budget Update - Discussion
Statewide Advisory Council (SAC) Grant Application - Discussion and Vote
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
- Proposed Change to Intervention Program for Preschool Children Prior to Kindergarten Entry - Discussion and Vote
- Professional Development and Development of a Statewide Strategy to Increase Higher Education for Limited English Proficient Early Educators - Discussion and Potential Vote
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten - Discussion and Vote
Meeting Materials & Presentations:
- May 11, 2010 Agenda
- April 6, 2010 Minutes
- Overview of Readiness Centers
- FY 2011 Budget Update
- State Advisory Council (SAC) Grant Application
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
- Proposed Change to Intervention Program for Preschool Children Prior to Kindergarten Entry
- Professional Development and Development of a Statewide Strategy to Increase Access to Higher Education for Limited English Proficient Early Educators
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten
*The Board of Early Education and Care makes up to 30 minutes available for persons in the audience to address the Board on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Board limits individuals to 3 minutes, although written material of any length can be submitted. The Board asks associations or groups to select only one speaker to represent the organization. Those wishing to speak should indicate their intent by filling out the sign-in sheet that will be available during the half-hour prior to the start of the meeting.
Information provided by the Department of Early Education and Care .
Last updated: May 14, 2010.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.