Board of Early Education and Care Meeting
October 12, 2010
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Welcome and Comments from the Chair
Comments from the Secretary
Comments from the Commissioner
Statements from the Public*
- Approval of September 14, 2010 Board Minutes - Vote
- Board Committee Reports
- Policy and Fiscal
- Planning and Evaluation
- Research & Outreach Committee
- Ad Hoc Committee on Board Operations
- Advisory Council Report
Items for Discussion and Action:
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Update - Discussion
- Review and Alignment of National Common Core Standards with Preschool Learning Guidelines/Frameworks in Partnership with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education- Discussion
- Infant and Toddler Initiatives - Discussion
- Birth to School Age Task Force
- Learning Standards and Guidelines
- Rate increase
- FY2012 State Budget - Discussion
- State Advisory Council (SAC): Dual Language Learners Policy - Discussion
*The Board of Early Education and Care makes up to 30 minutes available for persons in the audience to address the Board on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Board limits individuals to 3 minutes, although written material of any length can be submitted. The Board asks associations or groups to select only one speaker to represent the organization. Those wishing to speak should indicate their intent by filling out the sign-in sheet that will be available during the half-hour prior to the start of the meeting.
Meeting Materials & Presentations:
- October 12, 2010 Agenda
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Update
- Review and Alignment of National Common Core Standards with Preschool Learning Guidelines/Frameworks in Partnership with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Infant and Toddler Initiatives
- FY2012 State Budget
- State Advisory Council (SAC): Dual Language Learners Policy
Information provided by the Department of Early Education and Care . Created: October 5, 2010. Updated: October 14, 2010.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.