Dear Educators and Colleagues,
I am writing to invite you to a series of community forums beginning in late January and continuing into early February for you to learn about new proposed preschool Science, Technology and Engineering (STE) standards.
These proposed STE standards are part of a statewide effort to create the highest quality early learning and development standards for young children that articulate multi-domain expectations for children’s growth, and support continuity in early education from birth through kindergarten. Currently, EEC is collaborating with DESE and Head Start to redesign and create a single, aligned set of state early learning standards that will inform practice, by enhancing the understanding of and offering a useable framework for creating science-based learning and growth opportunities for children across all communities and families, and in both informal and formal environments.
We will be holding one community forum in each Educator and Provider Support Grantee (EPS) region and Readiness Center region to present these standards. The schedule and locations for forums is as follows:
- January 24 Southeastern MA Readiness Center. 9-11am @ Bridgewater State University, Conant 120 Auditorium, 24 Park Ave, Bridgewater MA
- January 26 EPS Region 5. 9:30-11:30am @ New Bedford Public Library, 613 Pleasant Street, New Bedford MA
- January 30 Northeast Regional Readiness Center/EPS Region 3 . 6-8pm @ North Essex Community College, TC103-A, Technology Center, Haverhill, 100 Elliott Street, Haverhill MA
- January 31 EPS Region 2/Central Massachusetts Readiness Center. 9-11am @ Mass Elementary Schools Principals' Association, Room A/B, 28 Lord Street, Marlborough MA
- February 8 Greater Boston Readiness Center/EPS Region 6. 9:30-11:30am @ The Education Collaborative, 1112 High Street, Dedham
- February 11 Pioneer Valley Readiness Center: 6:30-8:30pm, Collaborative for Educational Services, Conference Rooms A&B, 97 Hawley Street, Northampton MA 01060
I encourage you to participate, learn about these new proposed standards and provide us with your feedback.
We are looking forward to seeing you there and gathering your insight on this important and impactful project.
Thank you in advance for you participation and help.